cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

View Poll Results: Was HFN being sarcastic?
Yes 17 89.47%
No 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Lighten up, Francis.
This is the type of bullying that Levin warned us about.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Lighten up, Francis.

If your goal is to excoriate HFN even if it was just a poorly executed joke, then congrats, mission accomplished. If you are disgusted by the described behavior, theb you have not been so successful, as this follow on thread only increases the number of persons reading the article and encourages comments about whether it is or is not criminal. There is an old saying I learned in a different scenario that says "if you vote for sh*t like this, you only encourage sh*t like this.". This thread is like a vote for it. If you or SU are disgusted by the described behavior, as I am, I think it would have been much better to ignore HFN's post rather than highlight it. IMO..
I'm merely pointing out, for everyone's enlightenment, that the big crime here is spousal abuse. That seems clear to me. People here comparing what this article is about to homosexuality is a sad comment on your culture.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #33
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go SU and Levin! It's not often that one gets to really stick their neck out on a controversial moral topic. It takes a lot of courage to publicly oppose something as socially acceptable as bestiality. Would that we all had this same courage. Carry on gentlemen in your noble work.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #34
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Way to go SU and Levin! It's not often that one gets to really stick their neck out on a controversial moral topic. It takes a lot of courage to publicly oppose something as socially acceptable as bestiality. Would that we all had this same courage. Carry on gentlemen in your noble work.
The article isn't so much about bestiality as spousal abuse of the most horrific type possible. That's why it's no joking matter. Also, LDS who say, if homosexuality, why not bestiality like this? are showing no moral compass at all. That's what happens when you live an unexamined life of others telling you what to do about every minute thing in your life.

—Paul Auster
Old 08-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #35
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm merely pointing out, for everyone's enlightenment, that the big crime here is spousal abuse. That seems clear to me. People here comparing what this article is about to homosexuality is a sad comment on your culture.
I must have not read the article correctly as I didn't see the spousal abuse mentioned, but please don't reference it, as the entire article, or the portion which I read sickened me, and I don't wish to focus upon something venal and vile.

It was a sick, twisted set of circumstances, that all will abhor.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #36
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

No, SU the difference here is that I am talking about a persons civil rights.

Where in the article does it say anything about this woman being abused?

Did they haul the old man off for spousal abuse?

I know you like to think that bestiality is a stretch, too far to wrap your mind around that it could possibly merit the same consideration as two men or women getting it on in their bedroom, but this is how this shit all gets started.

First we abhor, than we are indifferent, than we are supposed to embrace, can you see any parallels here?

Didn't think so because your mind can't wrap far enough around just how F'ing disgusting homosexuality is, and allow that possibly this woman sees nothing wrong with what she is doing.

But hey you carry on with the "moral" torch you are bearing, your Shctick is as old as week old bread.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #37
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
No, SU the difference here is that I am talking about a persons civil rights.

Where in the article does it say anything about this woman being abused?

Did they haul the old man off for spousal abuse?

I know you like to think that bestiality is a stretch, too far to wrap your mind around that it could possibly merit the same consideration as two men or women getting it on in their bedroom, but this is how this shit all gets started.

First we abhor, than we are indifferent, than we are supposed to embrace, can you see any parallels here?

Didn't think so because your mind can't wrap far enough around just how F'ing disgusting homosexuality is, and allow that possibly this woman sees nothing wrong with what she is doing.

But hey you carry on with the "moral" torch you are bearing, your Shctick is as old as week old bread.
Perfect. I'm going to preserve this so you can't revise it. You are an archetype of hate that I'm sure is an embarrassment to many posters here, that indeed they would like to deny exists, and speaks volumes about your culture. Your wife engages in bestiality whenever she lets you touch her.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-07-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #38
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I must have not read the article correctly as I didn't see the spousal abuse mentioned, but please don't reference it, as the entire article, or the portion which I read sickened me, and I don't wish to focus upon something venal and vile.

It was a sick, twisted set of circumstances, that all will abhor.
The article was little more than a police blotter. But you don't have to plumb very deep below the skin deep story they give you to see what's going on here.

—Paul Auster
Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #39
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Show me something funny, and I'll laugh. I've laughed at lots of things on this board.
I suggest re-reading your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
These type of death struggles, affectionately known as Cali-Tex Celebrity Death Matches, are so entertaining, carry on.
I'm retiring. We need new blood to carry on the tradition.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #40
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Also, LDS who say, if homosexuality, why not bestiality like this? are showing no moral compass at all.
My moral compass tell me that both are wrong. It does not tell me if one is OK, then the other is OK.

Is one more wrong than the other? Possibly, but I don't have the 3x5 laminated card with all sins and their associated negative points.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote