cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

I couldn't be bothered to read the article. Are they going to let us sportsmen hunt these horses or is it off to the glue/dog food factory? While I'd prefer the former I'm still ok with the latter.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
They're nihilists. They're attitude is, "America, you've fucked up the ecosystem so totally beyond repair or redemption that to go out slaughtering animals to fix it is just obscene and pointless. Everything is doomed anyway." That was the attitude when the California sea lioins were pigging out on and wiping out the steel head run behing my house.
Steelhead is one word dip-shit!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell, I might get one of these BLM horses and use it to mow the yard and commute.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #14
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
How about they're in stead of their. That was the biggest gaff and you missed it, dip shit.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Quote:
How about they're in stead of their. That was the biggest gaff and you missed it, dip shit.
So is it "dip-shit", "dip shit", or "dipshit"? I am so confused.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
So is it "dip-shit", "dip shit", or "dipshit"? I am so confused.
It's one word. Any 2nd grader knows that.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You mean "instead" and "gaffe"?

This is fun.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
I don't understand the animal activists who oppose culling when it actually is in the best interest of the entire ecosystem. Not sure that is the case here, where the roundup of mustangs appears to benefit the cattle rancher; but the true principle remains that death to artificially large animal populations is healthier for ecosystems, and the animal activists who put the welfare of individual animals above the health of the entire ecosystem seem very shortsighted to me.

Deer out here in the East are like rats; they're pests with no surviving natural predators.

As an aside, the range and high country in the West is an absolute mess due to the BLM's subservience to the ranchers. We need to reclaim the natural resource of the highland prairies before they all disappear like our prairies in the plains have.
Puhleaze.

Give me a break. Most BLM land is f...ing worthless and most ranchers actually improve through proper maintenance. Eastern bureaucrats romanticize the western wastelands, but you and other are grossly misinformed about BLM land management. This is not to say that some ranchers don't abuse the land, but most are responsible.

People who romanticize "mustangs" have never spent time around them.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Puhleaze.

Give me a break. Most BLM land is f...ing worthless and most ranchers actually improve through proper maintenance. Eastern bureaucrats romanticize the western wastelands, but you and other are grossly misinformed about BLM land management. This is not to say that some ranchers don't abuse the land, but most are responsible.

People who romanticize "mustangs" have never spent time around them.
Correct.

A good friend of mine works for the BLM. He is pro-rancher. He describes his job as having to help ignorant eastern eco-nuts to understand that they don't know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to managing western lands.

Addendum: I saw a troop of wild horses in the grasslands along US 20 in the Thunder Basin National Grasslands. Very cool to see, but the stupid horses took off running when I stopped to take a picture. I guess it's against the rules of the Wild Horse Union to have photos snapped.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 07-08-2008 at 12:39 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 AM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell me how thousands if not millions of cattle on federal land are good for the land.

I would like to hear this explanation.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote