cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #1
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wasatch Back Relay

Anybody doing it this year? I've formed a team with some guys in my ward, it's going to be a lot of fun. We're thinking of calling our team "Our Wives Think We're At Work".

It's crazy how huge it's getting. The State of Utah has stepped in to help with road closures, and also gave the organizers some money, and in exchange they agreed to remove the registration cap. There are people that come from all over the country to run it.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #2
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

My problem is finding the 3 volunteers that every team must provide. I can barely find enough runners, let alone 3 people that just want to help me out by volunteering to help the race organizers out.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
My problem is finding the 3 volunteers that every team must provide. I can barely find enough runners, let alone 3 people that just want to help me out by volunteering to help the race organizers out.
I know, that's a pain. Honestly, though, I don't know how they even enforce the volunteer rule. I volunteered 2 years ago, and when I showed up, the guy didn't ask me who I was or what team I was with.

Just sign your team up and give them the names for three volunteers. When your volunteers don't show up, what are they going to do, track you down on the course and throw you out? Don't think so...
Old 03-14-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Anybody doing it this year? I've formed a team with some guys in my ward, it's going to be a lot of fun. We're thinking of calling our team "Our Wives Think We're At Work".

It's crazy how huge it's getting. The State of Utah has stepped in to help with road closures, and also gave the organizers some money, and in exchange they agreed to remove the registration cap. There are people that come from all over the country to run it.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php
We've got a team together. Never run it before, but it sounds like a good time.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #5
fuegote

fuegote

A team in my neighborhood just lost a runner and asked me to step in. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't believe how nuts I am about running right now.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
A team in my neighborhood just lost a runner and asked me to step in. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't believe how nuts I am about running right now.
You're gonna have a blast. Do you know which legs you'll be running yet? I'm taking runner five, that first leg of mine is a beast.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
You're gonna have a blast. Do you know which legs you'll be running yet? I'm taking runner five, that first leg of mine is a beast.
I don't know yet, but I'm one of the guys in the best shape right now so I'm sure I'll get at least one Very Hard run with my other two. Hopefully it's a downhill run so I can just roll if I get tired.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...172154&t=p&z=9

There's a map with most of the legs on it. I'm going to add the final 12 stages today.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
ThatSportsFan

ThatSportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
Thats awesome! I wish I could find a team to do this, this sounds like a lot of fun.
ThatSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSportsFan View Post
Thats awesome! I wish I could find a team to do this, this sounds like a lot of fun.
SportsFan- We actually need one more guy in our 2nd car.

I know you don't know me or the guys on my team, but we really are harmless. We have a team of just average runners, we're not trying to set any speed records. Let me know if you want to join us, we'd be happy to have you.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
ThatSportsFan

ThatSportsFan

Quote:
SportsFan- We actually need one more guy in our 2nd car.

I know you don't know me or the guys on my team, but we really are harmless. We have a team of just average runners, we're not trying to set any speed records. Let me know if you want to join us, we'd be happy to have you.

Yes, I would be interested. PM the details on what I need to do.

There is nothing wrong on getting to know new people. I met fuegote through message boards and now we are good friends.
ThatSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote