cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What a moving target you are. Did Tex or Lingo infest your keyboard?

In your world, you can equate the fact that conservatives don't currently have any high profile NATIONAL candidates means that conservatives FEAR powerful women. What a crock of shit.

Are you actually laughing as type this bs? How many logical fallacies did you just violate in promoting that specious argument?

Condy Rice has been promoted from time to time, and I could support her or a woman who had some Ron Paul perspectives.

The fact that women aren't currently successful in politicking in conservative politics isn't a statement of fear.

You're psychiatrist. If you presented that diagnosis to your proctors what sort of response would you receive?
When I looked at the board outside the premed office at BYU to see who was getting into what medical school, and I noticed that of the 120 or so on the board, there were only 4 or so women, I made some conclusions.

Was I wrong?

I'm only stating the obvious. The fact you cite Condie, who isn't even a politician speaks volumes.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
When I looked at the board outside the premed office at BYU to see who was getting into what medical school, and I noticed that of the 120 or so on the board, there were only 4 or so women, I made some conclusions.

Was I wrong?

I'm only stating the obvious. The fact you cite Condie, who isn't even a politician speaks volumes.
It may speak volumes or speak to the wisdom of women who espouse conservative views. Perhaps they are smart enough to avoid politics altogether and to move into business to make big bucks. To equate BYU with the model for conservative politics is naive in my mind.

Seattle's wife is conservative, but she's too damned smart to be involved in politics except to earn and to earn.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
It may speak volumes or speak to the wisdom of women who espouse conservative views. Perhaps they are smart enough to avoid politics altogether and to move into business to make big bucks. To equate BYU with the model for conservative politics is naive in my mind.

Seattle's wife is conservative, but she's too damned smart to be involved in politics except to earn and to earn.
Only stupid and unwise women go into politics?

I didn't think your post would try and prove my case, but thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #24
Archaea

Quote:
Only stupid and unwise women go into politics?

I didn't think your post would try and prove my case, but thanks.
Only stupid and unwise PEOPLE get into politics.

Sometimes women are smarter than men.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #25
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
if we stand behind M, we lose all on the street who may support or thought of supporting us.
What street might that be? I don't think we are terribly popular in the Muslim world as it is. Who are these people on the street who may support us? Bhutto's people? M is the current leader, one we have asked to do difficult things and he has responded. Now we are to cast him aside in support of Bhutto? How fickle. Fickle does not make a good foreign policy. What happens when they grow tired of her (and they will)?

Quote:
Or maybe we are afraid of Bhutto. Afraid of a woman.
Now you're just trolling your own board.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #26
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Now you're just trolling your own board.
Mike is always trolling. Always. To the point that I don't believe he believes anything that he posts. Ever. His online persona is completely disingenuous.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #27
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
What street might that be? I don't think we are terribly popular in the Muslim world as it is. Who are these people on the street who may support us? Bhutto's people? M is the current leader, one we have asked to do difficult things and he has responded. Now we are to cast him aside in support of Bhutto? How fickle. Fickle does not make a good foreign policy. What happens when they grow tired of her (and they will)?
There are actually some Pakistanis who want elections. And Bhutto and M are not the only choices.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #28
Archaea

Quote:
There are actually some Pakistanis who want elections. And Bhutto and M are not the only choices.
Haven't we learned in Iraq that promoting democracy in the Muslim world is a loser?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Haven't we learned in Iraq that promoting democracy in the Muslim world is a loser?
Haven't we learned in Iraq that giving millions and billions to dictators is a loser?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 AM   #30
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Haven't we learned in Iraq that giving millions and billions to dictators is a loser?
Don't go Al Gore on us please.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote