cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 11:42 PM   #21
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
I am terribly sorry Mr./Mrs. tooblue...it seems that i have forgotten some rules in here ...
I forgot that people hate to be corrected and receive accurate information .
I forgot that we are not supposed to embrace the truth as the way it is,rather the way we want it to be .
I forgot that I as a muslim iranian woman shouldnot be allowed to share my knowledge when an outsider analyzing our internal affairs .
thanks for reminding me.
please enjoy your understanding of MY religion ,MY country and MY people!

ps:excuse me... you arenot american by any chance???
I am not surprised that you did not try to correct my assertion but rather chose to denigrate me with the label of ugly American.

I am American but I do not live in the US. I have acquaintances who are Iranian and Afghan, both are woman, both are devout in their faith and both fled the country of their birth due in large part to the reality of truths I stated above. According to you they have lied about the personal tragedies they or their family suffered.

Are you observing Ramadan? Would you be surprised to discover that I have observed it once in my life in support of Muslim friends?

Would you be surprised to hear I have read the Qur'an?

What do you know of me? Your assertions are ridiculous. I have been married for 15 years and have 5 children. My parents have been married for over 40 years. My wife’s parents have been married for over 40 years. Each of their parents were married for their entire adult life times. All of my siblings (4) are happily married with children. All of my wife’s siblings (3) are married with children (her sister has 8 children).

Yes, what do you know of me, an infidel –a mindless and oblivious minion of the Great Satan?

Yes, what do you know?
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually like Mindful, but I am puzzled that she believes every single immigrant we meet from Iran lies about what goes on in Iran. Perhaps she is in such a sheltered position within her country that she is unaware of the real dealings.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #23
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am still failing to see your point in this thread.

You are asking if Mormons are supposed to keep practicing their beliefs after their missions. The answer, obviously, is yes. You then note that not all Mormons live their beliefs after their missions. My response: duh.

You appear to be hoping you can conclude from your line of argumentation that the Mormon religion is not good at teaching its members to do what they believe; if that is the case, you totally lost me.

Extrapolating a conclusion from a small sample size (in this case, a handful of people) onto a church of millions is a logical fallacy at its finest. You appear to realize that fact, given your resistence to accept that Islam is failing because many terrorists are Muslim. You don't want people to extrapolate that Islam is a bad religion from a few examples of Islamic terrorists. At best you are being inconsistent. At worst, you are being deceitful and a troll.
Its truly encouraging that you keep trying to answer my question, instead of constantly beating around the bush!
you are close enough ,nevertheless ,let me get crystal clear in here.

It seems that I am still confused about this whole mission thing .. as i know ..missionaries are supposed to meet people around the world and invite them to thier religion (mormonism). so the thing they do is actually knocking down a current idealogy and offering a genuinely new belief system to the people ..
so now the questions raise in here .. shouldnot these misssionaries be qualified /convinced/ devoted enough to follow thier church teachings befor ,during and after the mission???
wouldnot you agree that it might be better to have a highly organized missionary training system which is dedicated to provide educated , invigorated people who are honored to convey the church message to the world??
dont you think that doing those dumb acts (as you described it) oftenly by missionaries( who are expected to convert people) might hurt church reputation and credibility?
i sincerly hope that it wouldnot be arduous for you to distinguish my intention to start this thread..
Old 09-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #24
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I am not surprised that you did not try to correct my assertion but rather chose to denigrate me with the label of ugly American.

I am American but I do not live in the US. I have acquaintances who are Iranian and Afghan, both are woman, both are devout in their faith and both fled the country of their birth due in large part to the reality of truths I stated above. According to you they have lied about the personal tragedies they or their family suffered.

Are you observing Ramadan? Would you be surprised to discover that I have observed it once in my life in support of Muslim friends?

Would you be surprised to hear I have read the Qur'an?

What do you know of me? Your assertions are ridiculous. I have been married for 15 years and have 5 children. My parents have been married for over 40 years. My wife’s parents have been married for over 40 years. Each of their parents were married for their entire adult life times. All of my siblings (4) are happily married with children. All of my wife’s siblings (3) are married with children (her sister has 8 children).

Yes, what do you know of me, an infidel –a mindless and oblivious minion of the Great Satan?

Yes, what do you know?
Impressive background !!
I evidently cannot compete with that ,so lets skip mine.

I didnot try to correct you ,simply becuase you wouldnot have believed me, otherwise i wouldnot mind to .

my impression is that, you have got to listen and sympathy and believe those iranian and afgan folks ..which is indeed excellent .....but would you care to provide the same opportunity for me to express my experience as well ??

or you would prefer to have me kept silent , just becuase it isnot what you want to hear and believe?

okay ,lets see what would happen if we diverse this story,

assuming that i do have many american friends including mormons,
which i do .

assuming they are struggling with thier faith and their country's policy , which they are.

assuming that they have got horrific experience to share with me ,
which they have .

so now am i supposed to come here ,bragging about my understanding about american and mormon societies ,slaming all those things in your face and not even want any one in here to correct me ????

i am dead sure you guys would nuke me off !

but hence i am not genetically a " good wicked" person ..so ,no chance for wageing a war..

believe me or not i have become a mormon advocate here in Iran instead

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-19-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #25
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I actually like Mindful, but I am puzzled that she believes every single immigrant we meet from Iran lies about what goes on in Iran. Perhaps she is in such a sheltered position within her country that she is unaware of the real dealings.
I donot remember to have said your clients/friends are telling lies ...but i do remember to have said that you shouldnot judge about my country when you have no access to the other side of the story.i assume its how a fair system works.
I dont mind to introduce you some of my nice, unsheltered ,muslim ,iranin girl friends who are living out there but i wonder if you could find them distracting enough (as your current client) to deal with .
Old 09-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #26
Archaea

Mindful, it appears to me that you are one of the privileged few who is sheltered from the realities of some harshness in Iran. As an elite person, you won't see what the commoners experience. For us, the common people are we.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #27
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Mindful, it appears to me that you are one of the privileged few who is sheltered from the realities of some harshness in Iran. As an elite person, you won't see what the commoners experience. For us, the common people are we.
The only shelter , we ever take is our wisdom and our faith ,which indeed are the same ..no other shelter whatsoever.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:38 PM   #28
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
The only shelter , we ever take is our wisdom and our faith ,which indeed are the same ..no other shelter whatsoever.
Elite of any society are sheltered.

For us, the Kennedys, the Kerrys, the Bushes, the Clintons are sheltered and ignorant of true conditions.

For you, the President, the Ayotollahs are sheltered and not in tune with the common realities of life, and are sheltered.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #29
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Elite of any society are sheltered.

For us, the Kennedys, the Kerrys, the Bushes, the Clintons are sheltered and ignorant of true conditions.

For you, the President, the Ayotollahs are sheltered and not in tune with the common realities of life, and are sheltered.
well ,i guess our elite system is a little bit different with what is practicing in your country.

since i am fast tody ( running out of Glucose ) i will explain it later hopefully.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #30
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Domestic violence in Saudi Arabia is completely condoned, look the other way, or however you want to term it. During our time in Saudi Arabia, there were several incidents where women were beaten within an inch of their lives and nothing was done to the husband. This was in our own community, including a next door neighbor.

I don't think Islam condones this kind of behavior, but their society seems to be comfortable enough with it for now.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote