cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 09-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You naughty, naughty girl!!!! Does your husband know you're looking at half naked male models?
how could i possibly let him know .. if i did ,i would have been dragged on the floor ,thrown in the cellar and beated for the whole day .he would definitely deprive me of plug in ( internet) and read cougarguard posts . latter is unimaginably unbearable.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-14-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #12
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
the fact you are here, i think, suggests you have a "thing" for Mormon guys.
it has to be a "smart" thing ,lest forget.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I guess I'm not clear about what the point of the thread is. Are you simply trying to argue that some return missionaries do dumb stuff? We agree.

Are you suggesting that Islaam somehow does better in refraining members from doing dumb stuff? We would disagree.
I dont think that i am arguing any thing in here , No .but i am trying to infer the initially motivation behind that ..was it a social breakout? sort of " if you cannot change any thing ,you would better join the crowd" policy , which also could help mormon political campaign, or was it just simply an american mormon generosity ,since the whole money will go to charity???!!!

and No i am not presenting any islamic refraining system either ,but it really amazes me how you could possibly disagree with something you actually have no idea about ... and if you are referring to the sort of islam illustrated by fox news or "Isfom" ,i am afriad to tell you it doesnot count.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-16-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #14
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And before you get upset about the "Islaam reported by Fox News," you must realize that those radicals within Islaam are beginning to define Islaam to the rest of the world. If you think it is merely an image problem, you need to promote better PR than just saying that others have no idea what they are talking about.
Until those Muslims who don't practice the Islam religion stand up and do something about those who are portrayed on Fox News, there is no reason to believe that any other kind of Islam is practiced.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 AM   #15
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Mindful, you seem smart, and, well, mindful, but this post is a step back for you.

How could I possibly tell you the initial motivation? I wasn't there. Neither were you. It seems like a silly thing to do and out of character. Like I said, I don't think we disagree about that.

i wasnot aware that in a process of understanding someone has to be directly involved in the situation to be eligible to enter the objective world... i innocently had thought we need to just gather as many and as precise/fair documents as possible, truely insert the the background of the story , consider the different sides of the issue , welcome different possibilites around the topic and come to the conclusion .

now i understand why US top authorities take quick startled visit to iraq in order to be closly engaged in what american troops and iraqi people are really suffering from down there...interesting !

Quote:
As far as Islaam goes, I think it has a lot to offer. That said, you haven't really said anything of value in your second paragraph. You note that I can't "possibly disagree with something [I] have no idea about." Ironic, since you are making an assertion about my level of knowledge about Islaam, and you certainly have no knowledge about what I do or do not know about Islaam.

And before you get upset about the "Islaam reported by Fox News," you must realize that those radicals within Islaam are beginning to define Islaam to the rest of the world. If you think it is merely an image problem, you need to promote better PR than just saying that others have no idea what they are talking about.
i wasnot intended to mention any isalmic point in here nor i had not estimated your knowledge about isalm untill you let me so ..your comment about "Are you suggesting that Islaam somehow does better in refraining members from doing dumb " totally confused me out of what actually you were talking about , what islamic refraining system??????
otherwise i wouldnot make any attemp to question your level of knowledge by no means.
accidentally i liked the way you spelled "islaam" ,it seems more acurate than the way i do

so back to the story ..i was trying to find out whether mormon missionaries arenot supposed to follow the church teachings right after they finished thier two years duty , when it comes to their individual lives?

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-18-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 AM   #16
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Until those Muslims who don't practice the Islam religion stand up and do something about those who are portrayed on Fox News, there is no reason to believe that any other kind of Islam is practiced.
well, we generally dont call people who dont practice islam as muslims ..so i dont see why they should care
Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #17
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
how could i possibly let him know .. if i did ,i would have been dragged on the floor ,thrown in the cellar and beated for the whole day .he would definitely deprive me of plug in ( internet) and read cougarguard posts . latter is unimaginably unbearable.
The only reason this post is even some what humerous is because there is truth to it. In fact I am certain you personally know woman who have suffered this very fate.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #18
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
The only reason this post is even some what humerous is because there is truth to it. In fact I am certain you personally know woman who have suffered this very fate.

and you definitely NOT knowing any woman who has suffered this very fate and thats prolly becuse western marriages are too short to let men give these procedures a try!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
and you definitely NOT knowing any woman who has suffered this very fate and thats prolly becuse western marriages are too short to let men give these procedures a try!
I personally know woman who have suffered this very fate. Their husbands were thrown into prison and the woman given protection and help to improve her quality of life without fear of further intimidation or murder!

That is NOT true of the woman you personally know ... in fact I am certain that NOT ONE of their husbands were EVER thrown into prison, for in your society under Islamic law the supposed repentant Muslim man is seen as merely asserting patriarchal control over his home and property -his wife being one of his possessions!

Please don't condescend to suggest that I don't know what I am talking about.

Last edited by tooblue; 09-18-2007 at 10:17 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #20
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
That is NOT true of the woman you personally know ... in fact I am certain that NOT ONE of their husbands were EVER thrown into prison, for in your society under Islamic law the supposed repentant Muslim man is seen as merely asserting patriarchal control over his home and property -his wife being one of his possessions!

Please don't condescend to suggest that I don't know what I am talking about.
I am terribly sorry Mr./Mrs. tooblue...it seems that i have forgotten some rules in here ...
I forgot that people hate to be corrected and receive accurate information .
I forgot that we are not supposed to embrace the truth as the way it is,rather the way we want it to be .
I forgot that I as a muslim iranian woman shouldnot be allowed to share my knowledge when an outsider analyzing our internal affairs .
thanks for reminding me.
please enjoy your understanding of MY religion ,MY country and MY people!

ps:excuse me... you arenot american by any chance???