cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

if the guy was flogged, I hate to see what happened to the woman. She was probably murdered by her own family.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #32
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
if the guy was flogged, I hate to see what happened to the woman. She was probably murdered by her own family.
well..not really . but you could keep guessing.
should i tell you one story about a girl partying with guys and gets pregnant..do you want to know what her own mom and dad did??
they went for abortion and sent thier duaghter to Dubai for recreation !
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #33
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
you would be surprised to know how we love and respect virgin marry and prophet jesuse peace be upon them.
Just don't call Jesus the Messiah, or your ass is grass.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #34
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well , actually we all care about the guy ..islam cares about the guy ,becuase islam says if the guy who has committed the sin confesses to his wrongdeed and pleases with the punishment he receives ..he will be as pure as who hasnot committed the sin .so the punishment itself operates for the sake of sinner , and for the sake society safty.
Obviously "we all" care about this guy in the greater scheme of things but I'm talking about what is newsworthy.
[/groan w/ eyes rolling]

Would it be a big story if some BYU co-ed was kicked out because she let her boyfriend touch her boob?

My point is that this man's individual story of crime and punishment should not be the substance of international news. It is a cherry picked short story to play to the current fascination with Iran and all things that make Iran evil.

It's not journalism... It's sensationalism...
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #35
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post
Obviously "we all" care about this guy in the greater scheme of things but I'm talking about what is newsworthy.
well its rampant in media industry ..its one of the best way to make people hate each other and want to fight ..so they would need arms ..and you guess WHO would benefit after all.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 PM   #36
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
well its rampant in media industry ..its one of the best way to make people hate each other and want to fight ..so they would need arms ..and you guess WHO would benefit after all.
Exactly... That's what I said (kind of)...
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:16 PM   #37
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Brigham Young would have endorsed that punishment. In fact, he probably would have chastized the masked men had they stopped short of slitting the throat of the sinner from ear to ear.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM   #38
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Along this same vein, if one ges back and looks at the rhetoric about Iran in the late eighties-early nineties it was of the same variety. I remember seeing some of the Shiite celebrations where the men would cut themsleves along their hair line, and then leap around, chanting and slapping themselves on the cut so that they would get blood flowing. This was terrifying to me as a kid and I was very afraid of their extremist nature.
please let me inform you with the really story.
mourning for shia imams is a ceremony which muslims particulary shias would enthusiastically perform ..but ..in islam no one is permitted to hurt or injure himself ..its a plain SIN. so during this ceremony a tiny portion of ignorant ,uneducated people (who actually have no exact idea why they are grieving ) would do that specially befor islamic revolution . but its something extremely disgusting and forbiden in islam.
our clerics have been endeavoring for years to enlighten people avoide such stupid acts and fortunately there was a great success.

but iam seeing that the media did select a part of celebration ceremony (which was actually unlawful and would be operated by a few people) and provided this food for your thought that iranians are freaking brutal.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-23-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:39 PM   #39
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I think Brigham Young would have endorsed that punishment. In fact, he probably would have chastized the masked men had they stopped short of slitting the throat of the sinner from ear to ear.
how nice!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #40
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post
[/groan w/ eyes rolling]

Would it be a big story if some BYU co-ed was kicked out because she let her boyfriend touch her boob?

My point is that this man's individual story of crime and punishment should not be the substance of international news. It is a cherry picked short story to play to the current fascination with Iran and all things that make Iran evil.

Kinda like how the media reports on the Iraqi war so I get your point.