cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #21
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Why didn't this kid have health insurance?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #22
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
This is correct. His uncle is one of my employees. In fact he was there when it happened. Bridger was just riding by. My employee got to hold his nephews guts inside his body until the paramedics arrived.

As far as Mike's point. My company is/has donated thousands of dollars to Bridger and this is how the majority of it should be taken care of. I have no problem if Bridger's family receives govt. help as well.

Side note. Bridger's birth father is a prick and is setting up donations that come straight to the father(drug addict). Bridger has not and will not see a dime of it. If you donate make sure to do so through the mom's side.
Wow. I am livid by reading that.

It's a shame the Boys' father didn't get hit with the firework instead. What a lowlife piece of shit.

Seriously,,,someone needs to Get Gephardt with this guy or something. Wow...just wow.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 AM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad that your company is paying for much of the care. But it sounds like he could have disabilities for many years, if not his whole life. Will your company commit to paying for life?

What if he needs 24hr care for the next 10 years?

My point is that these expenses can become enormous. And not every injured kid has private resources to turn to. And I'm very uncomfortable with letting kids die or languish because their parents don't have the money/insurance.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:41 AM   #24
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm glad that your company is paying for much of the care. But it sounds like he could have disabilities for many years, if not his whole life. Will your company commit to paying for life?

My point is that these expenses can become enormous. And not every injured kid has private resources to turn to. And I'm very uncomfortable with letting kids die or languish because their parents don't have the money/insurance.
I understand your feelings of empathy and pity, but can we leave the government out of it? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
I understand your feelings of empathy and pity, but can we leave the government out of it? Thanks.
why don't you tell that to the kid's mother, who has desperately tried to get govt. assistance.

Sometimes I think there are a few people here who believe that if the kid and has family didn't have the money, that he should be allowed to die.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:48 AM   #26
Colly Wolly

Quote:
why don't you tell that to the kid's mother, who has desperately tried to get govt. assistance.

Sometimes I think there are a few people here who believe that if the kid and has family didn't have the money, that he should be allowed to die.
I'll tell her to contact you for the help she needs.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That's a rather judgmental position for you to sometimes take, isn't it? By doing so, you are no different than those whom you most likely (or in my case absolutely) falsely accuse of something that is incredibly ridiculous.

And you still haven't answered my question about what your perfect world would be like. Any reason for dodging it?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #28
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:

To say we are paying for most of the care is a HUGE overstatement and it is not even close. What I am saying is private funds should cover most of what he needs to cover initial costs of his health care. We are just a small drop in the bucket to what his life long health care cost will be.

I have no problem with medicare helping. Is anyone really saying that the govt. should not step in? Are you really saying there are people on here that are comfortable with letting kids die because of the parents financial situation?
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
I have no problem with medicare helping. Is anyone really saying that the govt. should not step in? Are you really saying there are people on here that are comfortable with letting kids die because of the parents financial situation?
Yes, I am saying there are people here that think it is immoral to force people to pay for this kid (because redistribution of income through taxes is immoral).
Old 08-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #30
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, I am saying there are people here that think it is immoral to force people to pay for this kid (because redistribution of income through taxes is immoral).
Good hell waters, no one in here has of yet said they want the government to not help assist in the matter ofnthe boys injuries.

Why don't you quit trying to mesh the two ideas together, don't you think it's kind of a stretch to think that redistributing wealth has nothing to do with medicare helping pay for this boys tragic injuries?

I know you are trolling, as usual, but please....
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote