cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 05-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heart rate monitor at Woot

If any of you are looking for a heart rate monitor, they are selling a Reebok one at Woot. It looks decent and has gotten decent reviews, though I have no idea how quality it is. $25 covers the monitor, watch and shipping. Good for today at www.woot.com

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

That pie slicer completely tapped me out. No more online purchases for me for awhile.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
UteStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
That pie slicer completely tapped me out. No more online purchases for me for awhile.
I held off on getting the pie slicer for this reason alone...this allowed me to purchase 350 heart rate monitors which is almost enough to just throw one of these away a day after each use.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I held off on getting the pie slicer for this reason alone...this allowed me to purchase 350 heart rate monitors which is almost enough to just throw one of these away a day after each use.
For what it's worth, the pie slicer was a bust. The slices are too thin. We prefer our slices to be a bit bigger.

That thing is now in my garage collecting dust.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
UteStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
For what it's worth, the pie slicer was a bust. The slices are too thin. We prefer our slices to be a bit bigger.

That thing is now in my garage collecting dust.
Did you buy the $2500 pie slicer or the $1750 one? Reason I ask is that the $2500 one allows you to adjust the cutters to give you bigger slices. The $1750 one has only one preset cut and that is for slices that measure out to an eighth of an inch slice. Yeah, really small...but I guess it is a valuable lesson for you to learn, you get what you pay for.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Did you buy the $2500 pie slicer or the $1750 one? Reason I ask is that the $2500 one allows you to adjust the cutters to give you bigger slices. The $1750 one has only one preset cut and that is for slices that measure out to an eighth of an inch slice. Yeah, really small...but I guess it is a valuable lesson for you to learn, you get what you pay for.
We went cheapo and bought the $1750 pie slicer.

I thought about hedging against losses and using it to cut pizzas, but then I remembered that whenever the pizza is delivered, it is almost always pre-cut.

I only can blame myself because all the reviews on epinions.com were clearly steering me towards the more expensive model.