cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #31
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
what if a certain someone hawking vaseline appeared in the thread?
That is an oldie but a goodie. Do you have it?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:51 AM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Instead of "explaining" I should have said "disclosing personal details of my life."
Not sure what you have disclosed that is so personal. You are just sharing the basic details that most everyone else has disclosed at one point or another.....major, maritual status, children, etc.

Are you implying that you do not wish for others to get to know you? Surely this wall you have put up is somewhat of an affront. If you hated this place so much, you would have stopped coming long ago.

You accuse me of being disingenuous, then complain when I exchange basic pleasantries. I can't win, it seems.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #33
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

this is like the cool kids calling Lingo over to their circle. Lingo can't decide if it is a sign of acceptance, or whether they are just lazy and don't want to cover all that distance before they kick his trash.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #34
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Spend some time on xbox live. You'll soon notice the most common phrase used by the 14-25 year old males who inhabit that universe for getting over on another player. It is not "pwnd", but "raped". As in "I raped you" or "I raped your a**." What a moronic thing to say. If you try to point this out to any of them, you'll be called a fag***. Ironic, I know.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on this one and if the next generation is any clue – it's not going away any time soon.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #35
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Spend some time on xbox live. You'll soon notice the most common phrase used by the 14-25 year old males who inhabit that universe for getting over on another player. It is not "pwnd", but "raped". As in "I raped you" or "I raped your a**." What a moronic thing to say. If you try to point this out to any of them, you'll be called a fag***. Ironic, I know.

I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on this one and if the next generation is any clue – it's not going away any time soon.
Okay, maybe I'm going to sound like an old guy - I've seen "pwnd" before - what does it mean?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #36
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Okay, maybe I'm going to sound like an old guy - I've seen "pwnd" before - what does it mean?
It's more appropriate to post this question in the Literae Humaniores forum.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #37
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
it means "owned," as in, "you got owned," as in "you were just embarassed/beaten badly...I own you."

The genesis of the intentional misspell "pwnd!" is up for debate, ranging from an innocent typo to a video game glitch.

One theory that I am trying to get started on the internet is that the term is really short for "pawned!," as in "Can I trade my old junk for some cash?...Pawned!" Unfortunately, this version does not allow for much usage in competitions or when trash talking. As you could imagine, my theory has yet to catch on, although I like to think that it is gaining traction.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote