cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road
Default I would suggest not catching whatever strain of the flu I have caught

The symptoms came on Saturday evening and I have been in hell ever since. Every night at 9 the fever, chills, joint aches and vomiting begin. Since saturday I have slept a total of 6 hours with 4 of those being today between 8 and noon. Monday I was dry heaving so hard I burst the blood vessels in my eyelids and I had 2 black eyes till today.

I have not eaten since Sunday because I can't keep anything in. By far, this is the worst I have felt in my adult life. I am now preparing myself for another great night of throwing up, showering, laying down and repeat as necessary.

Thanks mtn. for not even letting me take my mind off this for a couple of hours with basketball.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Yikes. That sounds awful.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I went running with OrangeUte last night and he started getting dizzy and running off the trail. Now, at first I found this thoroughly entertaining but as time passed he started getting nauseous with a rapid heart rate and he kept wanting to vomit. It was 10 oclock at night and we were running on a trail where the closest help would have been a 2 mile run for me to get to a phone. I started reviewing CPR in my head and I did inform him that I would do compressions but if I had to do any breathing for him there was going to be hell to pay if he lived. He was able to walk back to the car, all the while apologizing for being a wuss. He texted me this am and implied that he'd spent the entire night puking. I hope he isn't in for what you've been through since the weekend. And far more importantly I hope I don't get it.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 02-21-2008 at 01:30 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I went running with OrangeUte last night and he started getting dizzy and running off the trail. Now, at first I found this thoroughly entertaining but as time passed he started getting nauseous with a rapid heart rate and he kept wanting to vomit. It was 10 oclock at night and we were running on a trail where the closest help would have been a 2 mile run for me to get to a phone. I started reviewing CPR in my head and I did inform him that I would do compressions but if I had to do any breathing for him there was going to be hell to pay if he lived. He was able to walk back to the car, all the while apologizing for being a wuss. He texted me this am and implied that he'd spent the entire night puking. I hope he isn't in for what you've been through since the weekend. And far more importantly I hope I don't get it.
if you had only given me the mouth to mouth i was requesting...
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

You're alive! How's it going?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote