cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Care to explain to me why habeas corpus isn't important or why the Patriot Act is a good thing? A central police force is good? I find it interesting that none of those things worry you, but gay marriage does.
- Habeas corpus is important. You're exaggerating what Gonzales wanted to do.
- The Patriot Act is a good thing for a lot of reasons. That's a larger discussion.
- We do not have a central police force.

Sorry, BlueHair. I appreciate your fervor, but calling Bush and Co "enemies of the Republic" who should be "investigated for treason" is nutter stuff. Really wacko.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If you could choose four more years of Bush/Cheney instead of the next four with Obama/Biden, would you do it?
If those are my choices, I'd probably choose a beach in Costa Rica, making surfboards and poverty. Neither choice is acceptable at that point.

I mean do you choose Mussolini or Hitler? Yuck!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
his rights haven't been violated yet, so all is well.
he's lived a safe, white life, so he can't see the need. Once you've witnessed government deprivation of personal rights, one can never be the same.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #14
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
- Habeas corpus is important. You're exaggerating what Gonzales wanted to do.
- The Patriot Act is a good thing for a lot of reasons. That's a larger discussion.
- We do not have a central police force.

Sorry, BlueHair. I appreciate your fervor, but calling Bush and Co "enemies of the Republic" who should be "investigated for treason" is nutter stuff. Really wacko.
I said they should be investigated. Nothing wrong with an investigation. Keep in mind what went down on his watch. War under false pretenses, Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghriab, illegal wiretapping of US citizens, The Patriot Act, etc. We deserve to know what really went down. If it turns out that he followed the Constitution and did nothing illegal, so be it.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #15
Archaea

Quote:
I said they should be investigated. Nothing wrong with an investigation. Keep in mind what went down on his watch. War under false pretenses, Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghriab, illegal wiretapping of US citizens, The Patriot Act, etc. We deserve to know what really went down. If it turns out that he followed the Constitution and did nothing illegal, so be it.
I'm in complete agreement with on these matters, except we don't need another long drawn investigation. It would be a waste of money and the Democrats wouldn't make changes just use it for political advantage. They're no more libertarians than Bush was.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nonsense. There is plenty wrong with an investigation. It's a fishing expedition.

You rattle off a list of tired cliches to which you already know what the Republican/conservative response is. You're welcome to plug your ears and shout if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that your position is on the extreme fringe of American political discourse.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote