cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Lebowski's Law: As a CG discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Chris Buttars approaches one.
Has nothing to do with either the thread or the length thereof. Just an aside.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #32
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
It seems clear that the most common tactic of liberally minded individuals will be to talk about Bush instead of the sitting president and current issues. Bush is irrelevant -- a foot note -- history. He ALONE did not run the country. A Congress and House of Representatives principally controlled by Democrats for the last two years of his presidency ran the country.

Bush scrutiny as you call it is cowardly and a dodge ... and only underscores just how tenuous your faith in Obama is.
Hm. By that logic, you talking about me only underscores how tenuous your faith is in yourself. Step away from the ledge, Tooblue. Just because you think Bush is irrelevant doesn't mean you are.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #33
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Hm. By that logic, you talking about me only underscores how tenuous your faith is in yourself. Step away from the ledge, Tooblue. Just because you think Bush is irrelevant doesn't mean you are.
This would be a good retort if it wasn't in the politics forum and if we weren't talking about politics and presidents et al

LOL is this the best you can do -- obfuscate in place of discussing what the current president is doing right now!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #34
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
This would be a good retort if it wasn't in the politics forum and if we weren't talking about politics and presidents et al

LOL is this the best you can do -- obfuscate in place of discussing what the current president is doing right now!
Let me get this straight:

I start a thread about constitutional violations under GWB. You respond saying that anything he ever did is totally irrelevant and the only appropriate discussion we can have in this forum is about Obama. Then you accuse me of "obfuscating" Obama's record because I am not discussing his record in a thread expressly about Bush's constitutional violations?

You are an odd man, Tooblue. Perhaps we aren't talking about Obama in this thread because it isn't at all relevant to the subject? Should I accuse you of obfusaction as well, given that under my own arbitrary standards, we should only be talking about how delightful Pepsi Jazz tastes, and you refuse to address that topic at all?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #35
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Despite the first post in this thread, most of it has been discussion about whether Bush is interesting to discuss. Based on that, I think the logical conclusion is: no one much cares. Cali spends the rest of his time mocking folks for not caring and/or not staying on his initial point.

Amusing.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #36
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
Has nothing to do with either the thread or the length thereof. Just an aside.
Sounds like something Chris Buttars would say.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #37
Cali Coug

Quote:
Despite the first post in this thread, most of it has been discussion about whether Bush is interesting to discuss. Based on that, I think the logical conclusion is: no one much cares. Cali spends the rest of his time mocking folks for not caring and/or not staying on his initial point.

Amusing.
I think the reasonable conclusion is that Tex, Indy and Tooblue have no interest in the discussion, which isn't exactly surprising. Obfuscation from those three is almost expected.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #38
Tex

Quote:
I think the reasonable conclusion is that Tex, Indy and Tooblue have no interest in the discussion, which isn't exactly surprising. Obfuscation from those three is almost expected.
If it's not that surprising, then maybe you shouldn't start the topic in the first place.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #39
Cali Coug

Quote:
If it's not that surprising, then maybe you shouldn't start the topic in the first place.
I start the topic, just in the hopes you won't participate, as your commentary is utterly predictable and inane.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #40
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I start the topic, just in the hopes you won't participate, as your commentary is utterly predictable and inane.
So why is discussing what Bush MIGHT have done, even though he never actually DID such an interesting topic for you?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote