cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
any candidate who has ever relied on the 18-24 crowd has been disappointed. I don't think it will be enough to make Obama lose, but it's possible they won't turn out in the numbers he needs to make this a blowout. I still think he wins, but maybe not as decisively as it appears right now.
I disagree. They seem to be turning out heavily already in early voting. Whether you like Obama or not, you have to acknowledge that his ground game is one of the best to have ever been assembled. I think the ground game gets the 18-24 crowd to vote. Heck- most of the ground game is built with 18-24 year olds.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #22
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
in PA rednecks and racists. Another brilliant comment by your hero.

If some people vote against McCain because of his age, then turnabout is fair play.
Murtha is my hero? News to me.

I can't believe you just suggested it is ever appropriate to vote on race, as if that is proper "turnabout" for those who vote on age.

I can think of several reasons age is a relevant factor:

Deterioration of mental faculties

Increased probability of death

In the event of death, Palin becomes president

Please name a single relevant factor that pertains to race, exie. Just one. Any single factor pertaining to race that makes it okay to vote against someone. I can think of some pertaining to race that would be rational in voting for a black person (advance minority rights; establish a better role model for black children; put someone in power who understands the challenges faced by minorities because that person is a minority; etc.). Which ones, in your mind, are okay to use in voting AGAINST Obama?

Enlighten us.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #23
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I disagree. They seem to be turning out heavily already in early voting. Whether you like Obama or not, you have to acknowledge that his ground game is one of the best to have ever been assembled. I think the ground game gets the 18-24 crowd to vote. Heck- most of the ground game is built with 18-24 year olds.
We hear this every season. Kerry was supposed to "kill" with the youth vote, as was Gore. Blah Blah Blah.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 10-24-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
You and Arch are unbelieveable. Truly.

We're not saying that everyone who votes against Obama is a racist. But we're saying that if his race is causing him to lose three rust belt states and three in the Appalachians, then that cost him the election.

You can deny it all you want, but that doesn't make it false.
I don't deny that there is some racism involved. I'm just saying that that will be the excuse the Obama camp gives. I don't think Obama and his campaign would ever admit that a loss would have come down to political ideologies, which is why I say he would cry racism as the reason.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #25
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I don't deny that there is some racism involved. I'm just saying that that will be the excuse the Obama camp gives. I don't think Obama and his campaign would ever admit that a loss would have come down to political ideologies, which is why I say he would cry racism as the reason.
because in this case it isn't. The American people want a change. They want a democrat. But some of the ones who vote democrat will only support a white democrat. If he loses it's because he's black, not because he's too liberal.

obviously the republicans are rejecting the ideology, but they'd do that anyway.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
because in this case it isn't. The American people want a change. They want a democrat. But some of the ones who vote democrat will only support a white democrat. If he loses it's because he's black, not because he's too liberal.

obviously the republicans are rejecting the ideology, but they'd do that anyway.
Are you saying that racist Democrats would cause Obama to lose?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #27
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What a troglodytic view of the nation. I mean, seriously.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #28
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What a troglodytic view of the nation. I mean, seriously.
Main Entry:trog·lo·dyte 1 : a member of any of various peoples who live or were reputed to live chiefly in caves
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
We hear this every season. Kerry was supposed to "kill" with the youth vote, as was Gore. Blah Blah Blah.
This one should also be good for future entertainment. Along with your posts about how the Dems have no chance in North Carolina and how debates had no impact on this election.

Carry on.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #30
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
WILL BE the excuse Obama uses?

My friend, look at the polls, my friend. My friend, McCain is going to lose, my friend.