cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #41
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Sure thing, Il Pad. Obama's numbers hitting 50% for the first time yet terrify me. So does the 8 point lead that Obama has opened up, along with polling that indicates Palin is not liked by women. Likewise, I am really nervous to see how Troopergate evolves, particularly given that the legislature's investigation is due to be completed (with all details released) five days before the election. I also hate the fact that she destroys the "experience card" that McCain was trying to play, and that she apparently also has a crazy pastor.

Actually, I don't know if I could have designed a better VP pick for McCain if I had tried.
"cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck"

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #42
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
McCain cancelled a CNN interview. Maybe this has something to do with it:

Could the woman doing that interview be a bigger Obama honk?

She refused to accept the answer he kept giving her: "Palin has more executive experience than Obama."

CNN rivals Fox when it comes to political bias.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #43
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Sure thing, Il Pad. Obama's numbers hitting 50% for the first time yet terrify me. So does the 8 point lead that Obama has opened up, along with polling that indicates Palin is not liked by women. Likewise, I am really nervous to see how Troopergate evolves, particularly given that the legislature's investigation is due to be completed (with all details released) five days before the election. I also hate the fact that she destroys the "experience card" that McCain was trying to play, and that she apparently also has a crazy pastor.

Actually, I don't know if I could have designed a better VP pick for McCain if I had tried.
It appears the bump toward 50% which he has received in both Gallup and Rasmussen polls is tied to the news about Palin's daughter (not sure what other news event it could be associated with). Before that, his convention "bump", such as it was, had dwindled.

If this little jump truly represents the public reacting to the Bristol Palin pregnancy, it's not something I would be popping a lot of champagne over. Besides being a pretty distasteful way to claim a lead (yes, I know about Obama's statement), it also likely means it's quite tenative.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #44
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
It appears the bump toward 50% which he has received in both Gallup and Rasmussen polls is tied to the news about Palin's daughter (not sure what other news event it could be associated with). Before that, his convention "bump", such as it was, had dwindled.

If this little jump truly represents the public reacting to the Bristol Palin pregnancy, it's not something I would be popping a lot of champagne over. Besides being a pretty distasteful way to claim a lead (yes, I know about Obama's statement), it also likely means it's quite tenative.
oh, baloney.

you know full well that the gallup poll is a three day rolling average and that the news of the pregnancy didn't start to spread past the wonks until noon yesterday.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #45
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
oh, baloney.

you know full well that the gallup poll is a three day rolling average and that the news of the pregnancy didn't start to spread past the wonks until noon yesterday.
So ... it would include last night, correct?

But let's say you're right and the bump represents significant rejection of McCain's pick. I still maintain it's a shaky thing to hang a hat on, given that no one knows her or her positions on many issues that well (as Cali has pretended is some great revelation).

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:03 AM   #46
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
So ... it would include last night, correct?

But let's say you're right and the bump represents significant rejection of McCain's pick. I still maintain it's a shaky thing to hang a hat on, given that no one knows her or her positions on many issues that well (as Cali has pretended is some great revelation).
Odd that the Dem candidate would get a bump in polling in the middle of the RNC.........I assume the RNC is still taking place...I haven't heard a single thing about it in the news.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #47
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
But let's say you're right and the bump represents significant rejection of McCain's pick.
woah, there. Did I say that? Or are Cali and I simply interchangeable at this point?

For that matter, I'm not certain Cali said that, either.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:10 AM   #48
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
woah, there. Did I say that? Or are Cali and I simply interchangeable at this point?
A lot of us call you CaliGirl behind your back.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #49
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
A lot of us call you CaliGirl behind your back.
Liar!

I only called her a CallGirl once....that is it. And it was only after you told some of us that story about you and her, which I still think you are making up just to look cool to the rest of the guys here.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #50
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Liar!

I only called her a CallGirl once....that is it. And it was only after you told some of us that story about you and her, which I still think you are making up just to look cool to the rest of the guys here.
Well, truth be known, I thought I was signing up for something entirely different when I joined a cougar board.

Last edited by BarbaraGordon; 09-03-2008 at 12:30 AM.