cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #61
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Why is it reasonable to assume that the prosecutor is telling the truth and that the detainees are living in a veritable wonderland?
Why is it reasonable for you to assume they aren't constantly being raped?

You just want to have it both ways.

Quote:
You haven't provided any other data. Her statements are so clearly slanted, and her position is one that suggests her views are so clearly tainted, that there aren't many reasons to take them at face value.
You have identified no "clearly slanted" statements, nor provided any compelling reason beyond her profession why she is not credible. Good luck with that amusingly self-incriminating "all lawyers lie" defense.

Quote:
I would suggest that it seems more like you're trying to cling to your worldview on Gitmo, rather than giving contrary evidence a fair hearing.
Your opinion on Uday's rape habits is not "contrary evidence."

Last edited by Tex; 06-18-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #62
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Why is it reasonable for you to assume they aren't constantly being raped?

You just want to have it both ways.
Are you honestly suggesting that I have to assume that they may constantly be being raped if I am to assume that it may not be the lovely place the prosecutor claims it to be? What logic gets you to that conclusion? I find it perfectly reasonable to believe that prisoners may not be treated as well as I would like without believing that they are being raped every night. But, if you think you must have both beliefs, then I assume you are now claiming you believe that they may be raped every single night. Further than I would have gone, but that is always true when talking with you.

Quote:
You have identified no "clearly slanted" statements, nor provided any compelling reason beyond her profession why she is not credible. Good luck with that amusingly self-incriminating "all lawyers lie" defense.
You haven't given any evidence to work with other than quotes from a person we know nothing about, other than her profession. Don't be upset when the criticism of the "evidence" presented is limited to the "evidence" presented. This is your claim. You bear the burden of demonstrating your point, not me.

Quote:
Your opinion on Uday's rape habits is not "contrary evidence."
Sure it is. It is evidence that people can, and often are, put into positions where many of their circumstances are on par or superior to that of the common person, but some circumstances are so awful as to totally nullify the existence of the positive circumstances.

You are having a tough day, aren't you? Normally it wouldn't take you so long to catch on, and that is saying something.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:21 AM   #63
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you honestly suggesting that I have to assume that they may constantly be being raped if I am to assume that it may not be the lovely place the prosecutor claims it to be? What logic gets you to that conclusion? I find it perfectly reasonable to believe that prisoners may not be treated as well as I would like without believing that they are being raped every night. But, if you think you must have both beliefs, then I assume you are now claiming you believe that they may be raped every single night. Further than I would have gone, but that is always true when talking with you.
You're being neither serious nor honest.

Quote:
You haven't given any evidence to work with other than quotes from a person we know nothing about, other than her profession. Don't be upset when the criticism of the "evidence" presented is limited to the "evidence" presented. This is your claim. You bear the burden of demonstrating your point, not me.
You haven't provided any evidence at all.

Quote:
Sure it is. It is evidence that people can, and often are, put into positions where many of their circumstances are on par or superior to that of the common person, but some circumstances are so awful as to totally nullify the existence of the positive circumstances.
Heh. That makes no sense. I think I'll frame it.

Quote:
You are having a tough day, aren't you? Normally it wouldn't take you so long to catch on, and that is saying something.
I do struggle when dealing with pathological liars.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #64
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You're being neither serious nor honest.

You haven't provided any evidence at all.

Heh. That makes no sense. I think I'll frame it.

I do struggle when dealing with pathological liars.
This post makes clear one of two things: 1) you know exactly what I am saying and are playing dumb; or 2) you are dumb. I don't think it is #2 (though it would explain a lot), so I can only assume you are trolling (as usual).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #65
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This post makes clear one of two things: 1) you know exactly what I am saying and are playing dumb; or 2) you are dumb. I don't think it is #2 (though it would explain a lot), so I can only assume you are trolling (as usual).
The level of irony here is staggering.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote