cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 AM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

there is always private school. and there are also the public magnet schools which I've heard aren't bad.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:42 AM   #12
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Teens are difficult enough when they're generally compliant and somewhat motivated. Sounds like some tough love is in order -- will probably be the first time someone has held them to a high standard and had the maturity to consistently deflect their manipulations. Good luck.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:58 AM   #13
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds to me like this has 80s movie theme written all over it! Tough coach gets worn out by the raucous, inner-city ne'er do-wells, but finally brings them together and they win annual Scout Jamboree. What was teh Dangerfield movie with the girls soccer team, Ladybugs? Or a Bad News Bears? You're gonna sell this like Coach Carter someday!

I know how hard it is to get unmotivated kids to care about Scouts when the parents don't. It really bugs me when the parents expect the leaders to provide all the motivation and deliver their kids single-handedly to the promised land. Unfortunately, even through speech after speech on the subject, those parents never seem to get it and you're left beating your own head in.

Hey, don't give up! Remember that inspirational picture with the cat hanging from the rope, that'll keep you going!

- Bronco, when asked how to describe PH
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote