cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #71
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Your internal debate was over race, at least in 2004 when Bush accused McCain of having a black baby.

At the end of your debate, we got Bush. At the end of our debate, we can get Obama. We win.
Oh brother. That little tiff in SC in 2000 (not 2004) was child's play compared to the Clintons' race baiting. Your comparison is so poor I'm stunned you made it, even for you.

For the first time in a few decades, the Dems are actually opening the door to alienating large numbers of blacks. Should be interesting.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 AM   #72
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Your have been very cock sure in saying that Romney and Obama would be the nominees. Pretty close. LOL. I guess that's one way to put it.
??? Have Clinton and McCain already won? Did I miss something? At least pick a prediction that is definitely wrong. There are some out there, but like I said- care to compare?

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...32&postcount=1

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=13

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...13&postcount=2

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6729

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...70&postcount=8

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...48&postcount=9

Last edited by Cali Coug; 01-30-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:32 AM   #73
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Oh brother. That little tiff in SC in 2000 (not 2004) was child's play compared to the Clintons' race baiting. Your comparison is so poor I'm stunned you made it, even for you.

For the first time in a few decades, the Dems are actually opening the door to alienating large numbers of blacks. Should be interesting.
And yet for the first time in decades, blacks are voting in droves in the Democratic primary.

Child's play compared to Clinton's race baiting? I am not going to defend what the Clintons said, but how can you even place it on par with accusing your opponent of siring a black baby? Comparing Obama's win to that of Jesse Jackson is WORSE than saying McCain fathered a black child? At least I know where your moral compass lies (pun intended).
Old 01-30-2008, 06:08 AM   #74
Tex

Quote:
And yet for the first time in decades, blacks are voting in droves in the Democratic primary.
Oh please. They've been doing that for decades already. How do pass yourself off as knowing anything about politics?

Quote:
Child's play compared to Clinton's race baiting? I am not going to defend what the Clintons said, but how can you even place it on par with accusing your opponent of siring a black baby? Comparing Obama's win to that of Jesse Jackson is WORSE than saying McCain fathered a black child? At least I know where your moral compass lies (pun intended).
Cali you aren't this stupid. The scope isn't even in the same category. You're pointing your finger at your neighbor for having affair while running your own whore house.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 01-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #75
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Oh please. They've been doing that for decades already. How do pass yourself off as knowing anything about politics?

Cali you aren't this stupid. The scope isn't even in the same category. You're pointing your finger at your neighbor for having affair while running your own whore house.
The turnout among black voters so far has been unprecedented, and that trend looks likely to continue. I am not even going to continue to argue about a Jesse Jackson quote v you have a black baby accusation. One is awful, the other is AWFUL.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #76
Tex

Quote:
The turnout among black voters so far has been unprecedented, and that trend looks likely to continue. I am not even going to continue to argue about a Jesse Jackson quote v you have a black baby accusation. One is awful, the other is AWFUL.
It's not about how AWFUL it is (and I agree the "black baby" thing is bad). We're talking about party schisms ... there's no lasting evidence of damage to the Republican party from a few miscreant Bush supporters making a stupid accusation. We do as poorly among blacks as ever. The Dems on the other hand, in particular the Clintons, risk alienating huge numbers of voters if they end up with the nomination. It's amazing to me your attention span is so narrow.

In any case, the Republican party is going to be just fine. There's not going to be .... *chuckle* ... a 3rd party candidate. Conservatism may not win out this year, but it's not going anywhere, much to your liberal chagrin.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 01-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.