cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2008, 12:21 AM   #31
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
71, the extreme nature of your proposed solution speaks for itself. In a thread about finding a compassionate solution, your proposal is ironic, especially coming off a comment lamenting my lack of intelligence.

IPU, this is the kind of example I think CaliCoug was referring to......lots of emotion, little of it compassionate.

This board seems to have a high population of non-racists. Glad to hear it. 71, where is your watch? Did your roommate steal it?
It may be, but my problem with Cali is that he thinks only Republicans are assholes.

I wouldn't deport that kid who impregnated three girls. I'd just cut his dick off.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #32
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Agreed. We should welcome all illegals into the country, especially the violent criminal types, as many Democrats urge. Compassion.
Sounds like your argument is with the church, not me.

Hey- acting like Tex IS easy!

Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #33
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Notice I didn't say that I support deporting all the illegals. I think we should work with the law abiding illegals to do something to help them gain legal status.

I'm just trying to get Cali to explain his comment that many Repubs don't want to be compassionate. He made the accusation so I'm calling him out and the best way to get a liberal like him to explain himself is to make a comment like I did.
Triplet Daddy answered your question perfectly. Republicans lose sight of the ball when they start throwing around the word "amnesty" as if it means "devil-worship." There are millions of great people here who came illegally, and there are millions more who would like to come and would use legal channels if they were available. But Republicans, by and large, are using scare tactics and hate-mongering to fight the immigration battle, which does nothing to help those already here or those who would be great contributors legally if we could devise a better system.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #34
Cali Coug

Quote:
It may be, but my problem with Cali is that he thinks only Republicans are assholes.

I wouldn't deport that kid who impregnated three girls. I'd just cut his dick off.
Not "only," just "primarily."

Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #35
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
71, the extreme nature of your proposed solution speaks for itself. In a thread about finding a compassionate solution, your proposal is ironic, especially coming off a comment lamenting my lack of intelligence.

IPU, this is the kind of example I think CaliCoug was referring to......lots of emotion, little of it compassionate.

This board seems to have a high population of non-racists. Glad to hear it. 71, where is your watch? Did your roommate steal it?
I guess you are the only one allowed to attempt a little humor when a serious question comes up. You initially rendered a heart warming story to make a point. I agreed it is a tough issue and talked about another side.

What did I get for it. Called a racist. Since you can only appreciate your kind of humor, I will be serious. If the kid was legal I would wish like heck some form of punishment could be doled out. I just don't think it is good for any kid to be loose impregnating teenagers. Since the kid that is illegal has broken a law, something could be done in his case.

For the record if you would look back on CB you would see I supported Bush's proposal that got rejected. Even though my son who has a tile business went out of business because he couldn't compete. I told him to hire illegals, but he said it was against the law. I wish this statement came out from the church a year ago. He might be still in business.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #36
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Triplet Daddy answered your question perfectly. Republicans lose sight of the ball when they start throwing around the word "amnesty" as if it means "devil-worship." There are millions of great people here who came illegally, and there are millions more who would like to come and would use legal channels if they were available. But Republicans, by and large, are using scare tactics and hate-mongering to fight the immigration battle, which does nothing to help those already here or those who would be great contributors legally if we could devise a better system.
Giving amnesty didn't work the last time it happened. And you do know who it was that pushed for it, right? An evil Republican.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #37
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

Well, I would not agree that only republicans are that way. I find stupidity to be fairly non-partisan.

I still dont get the ire against the kid who impregnates 3 girls, as it relates to this discussion. I dont see any correlation at all. NBA players have impregnated more women than that. People do it all the time. Since when does deportation come up in that discussion? Why would it even be relevant?

That would have been a more interesting way to end Juno. Instead of pushing forward with the adoption, she should get deported because we find out all of a sudden that neither she nor her boyfriend are documented.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #38
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Well, I would not agree that only republicans are that way. I find stupidity to be fairly non-partisan.

I still dont get the ire against the kid who impregnates 3 girls, as it relates to this discussion. I dont see any correlation at all. NBA players have impregnated more women than that. People do it all the time. Since when does deportation come up in that discussion? Why would it even be relevant?

That would have been a more interesting way to end Juno. Instead of pushing forward with the adoption, she should get deported because we find out all of a sudden that neither she nor her boyfriend are documented.
I can explain the ire directed at the kid from my point of view - I am the father of a 15 year old girl. By removing his unit, he couldn't impregnate another girl. And if NBA players are unwilling to support the kids they are having around the country, I'd do the same to them. It's all about taking responsibility for one's actions.

Never seen Juno, nor is there a desire to see it.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #39
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I guess you are the only one allowed to attempt a little humor when a serious question comes up. You initially rendered a heart warming story to make a point. I agreed it is a tough issue and talked about another side.

What did I get for it. Called a racist. Since you can only appreciate your kind of humor, I will be serious. If the kid was legal I would wish like heck some form of punishment could be doled out. I just don't think it is good for any kid to be loose impregnating teenagers. Since the kid that is illegal has broken a law, something could be done in his case.

For the record if you would look back on CB you would see I supported Bush's proposal that got rejected. Even though my son who has a tile business went out of business because he couldn't compete. I told him to hire illegals, but he said it was against the law. I wish this statement came out from the church a year ago. He might be still in business.
71, listen, I already said that I was using "you" generically, not speaking of YOU specifically. Obviously, I have found a button to push that works quickly, which is good to note for future conversations.

Once illegals start breaking laws, then I agree, deportation should be considered. I dont agree that it should be automatic. Case by case and nature of crime should be considered. Jaywalking? Littering? Probably not. Drug trafficking, murder, robbery, assault? Sure.

Since I have stirred you up a little, I am just going to lay it all out on the table right now for you.....I also believe that stuff spoken over the pulpit at General Conference is commandment, especially all worthy young males should serve a mission. Take that, sucker.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 01-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #40
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I can explain the ire directed at the kid from my point of view - I am the father of a 15 year old girl. By removing his unit, he couldn't impregnate another girl. And if NBA players are unwilling to support the kids they are having around the country, I'd do the same to them. It's all about taking responsibility for one's actions.

Never seen Juno, nor is there a desire to see it.
My daughters are only 3, so you are a little closer to the issue than I am right now.

But, candidly, as an owner of a "unit," I am opposed to any legislation that involves de-unitfication. That is a slippery slope I dont want to go down...