cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #71
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Again, confusing the result with the purpose. Regardless of what you or other litigators believe, the purpose is justice. That so many find a way to pervert the process in an attempt to avoid justice does not change the fact that justice is the ideal.
The participants, the players and the results are the process. It's more akin to Plato asking if there's a disconnected set of ideals in some cave or something. We have human processes that render results and that is the best we can expect.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 AM   #72
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Justice is the ideal for the system. Even if it isn't for you (which is a real tragedy, if you ask me).
Justice doesn't exist in this world in which its denizens are nothing but depraved parasites, taking everything and giving nothing.

Justice exists, if at all, in the hereafter.

I endeavor to be just, but in being "my just", I might be another's injustice. I argue for justice but never expect it from another individual.

I don't worry about being disappointed; we are frequently disappointed. However, if we expect something that will never be, we will become disillusioned.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 AM   #73
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Justice doesn't exist in this world in which its denizens are nothing but depraved parasites, taking everything and giving nothing.

Justice exists, if at all, in the hereafter.

I endeavor to be just, but in being "my just", I might be another's injustice. I argue for justice but never expect it from another individual.

I don't worry about being disappointed; we are frequently disappointed. However, if we expect something that will never be, we will become disillusioned.
Phew- good thing you have found a way to avoid being disillusioned. Your approach is clearly working.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote