cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #31
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
So why don't you condemn the acts which have been done in the name of art and free speech to begin with? So you don't have to deal with the consequences. There is a poster on CUF who even called to support a day of drawing Prophet Mohammad in solidarity with someone who has now apologized. What sort of intellectual concern has shadowed these appaling actions? You want an intellectually fit behavior? act like the one.
I condemn violence in the name of religion.

If you can find violence committed by artists seeking to promote their cause, I will condemn violence in the name of art.

Isn't the purpose of intellectual pursuits to allow us to civilize the savage beast? To disagree agreeably?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #32
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Since, seemingly, you have no plan to articulate your question in a way that we could actually have this..let's say,a little reunion, in here going on...thus i would assume you were looking for an answer which would fit your agenda in order to condemn muslims outburst which happen to be authorized by religious leaders.

I dont,however, condone this behavior, but i also dont condemn the reaction people would give when they realize their beliefs have been scruvily trashed by people whom would face no accountability neither have fear for the consequences of their deeds/words, thanks to the Giant political back up.

So Muslims get to guard thier faith in thier own way, which doesnot often sound quite pleasent for a western taste.

Muslims all around the world have come to acknowledge the fact that isnot a manifestion of art or free speech but rather a religious desensitization process which is holding higher political aims.

Marja Taghlid is the one who is responsible to alert and educate people on the matter to come up with a proper tactic to defend thier faith which isnot necessarily violent, at least not in Shia branch of Islam. The more educated people get the less they would want to try irrational approaches to protect thier religious interest.

So now if you are still asking "the question" of what would be your life like if you portray (assuming an offensive picture??) of prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him)? i would say, you better get a place to hide, becuase its what you get when you mess up with Muslims.

But seriously,i have no idea what kinda picture you were trying to draw,to be honest. Does any one?
I asked a sincere and honest question and now finally have a somewhat honest answer from you. And what is so frightening about an agenda? Will you be honest and admit to your agenda in this thread?

I have not created a drawing of the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). I will not because I cannot trust that the Marja Taghlid or another Muslim believer, based on a whim, would condemn my art as offense and therefore authorize murdering me and my family. There is precedence for my concern. Artists have been murdered and others lives are currently being threatened for their artistic expression.

This is a very sad commentary against humanity. This is what you get when you mess with human kind. There will never be a divine blessing for such irrational behavior. Only Godly sorrow and hopefully eventual divine forgiveness.

Last edited by tooblue; 05-24-2010 at 07:06 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #33
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I asked a sincere and honest question and now finally have a somewhat honest answer from you. And what is so frightening about an agenda? Will you be honest and admit to your agenda in this thread?

I have not created a drawing of the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). I will not because I cannot trust that the Marja Taghlid or another Muslim believer, based on a whim, would condemn my art as offense and therefore authorize murdering me and my family. There is precedence for my concern. Artists have been murdered and others lives are currently being threatened for their artistic expression.

This is a very sad commentary against humanity. This is what you get when you mess with human kind. There will never be a divine blessing for such irrational behavior. Only Godly sorrow and hopefully eventual divine forgiveness.
Why the tread doesnot show tooblue's answer as the last post? Dont tell me you have defineded the thread ultimate posts for less than 30.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #34
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I've said it before. Whether Islam is a "religion of peace" is not a qualitative or philosophical question. It is an empiric question.

Look at the Islamic world--the poverty, the lack of education, the dictators, the religious autocrats, the terrorism, the hatred.

Is there a people that is less likely to look in the mirror and so some self-accounting?

It is always someone else's fault. The USA. Israel. Britain (both present and old). The West.

It makes me sad that the good, reasonable people of those countries have to suffer like they do.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #35
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've said it before. Whether Islam is a "religion of peace" is not a qualitative or philosophical question. It is an empiric question.

Look at the Islamic world--the poverty, the lack of education, the dictators, the religious autocrats, the terrorism, the hatred.

Is there a people that is less likely to look in the mirror and so some self-accounting?

It is always someone else's fault. The USA. Israel. Britain (both present and old). The West.

It makes me sad that the good, reasonable people of those countries have to suffer like they do.
Poverty accounts for some of the violence, hatred, terrorism and despotism, but the religion doesn't seem to calm the natural tendencies of social forces. I wonder why.

And your point, why doesn't Islam encourage introspection?

If there's one thing admirable about this site for example, is it shows LDS tendencies to self-analyze and look for internal causes and room for improvement.

My speculation is that an Islamic self-evaluation would proceed in this fashion: Blame Israel, blame the US, and then blame any moderate Islamicists who cooperate with westerners. They would characterize the self-analysis as having been done when they blamed the moderate Islamicists.

It seems to be a religious movement incapable of self-correction.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #36
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It seems to be a religious movement incapable of self-correction.
when cell division proceeds without checks and controls, and overwhelms all the tissue around it, and threatens to destroy the entire organism, what do we call that?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #37
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
when cell division proceeds without checks and controls, and overwhelms all the tissue around it, and threatens to destroy the entire organism, what do we call that?
a malignant cancer, as it were.

I suppose chemotherapy or excision is in order.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #38
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
a malignant cancer, as it were.

I suppose chemotherapy or excision is in order.
You two gentlemen talk like there has never been a history of west powers exploiting Iran. And there has never been a war supplied by your money and war machine less than one year after revolution and there has never been any plot to disassemble islamic government. You probably have been too busy introspecting that couldnot see what has been going on around the globe. Excision is already in order,it just hasnot worked yet.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post

I am no artist so i am having hard time undestanding how an artful message which comes from peace and respect in mind would translate hate and anger on the other side of the rope.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #40
Archaea

Quote:
You two gentlemen talk like there has never been a history of west powers exploiting Iran. And there has never been a war supplied by your money and war machine less than one year after revolution and there has never been any plot to disassemble islamic government. You probably have been too busy introspecting that couldnot see what has been going on around the globe. Excision is already in order,it just hasnot worked yet.
mindful, and I like who you appear to be, but you just played right into Mike's hands.

He stated you would blame the West, and accept no responsibility.

Islam never accepts responsibility.

You can find a plethora where the West criticizes its own policies as contributing the Middle Eastern mess.

Find me something from Islam which criticizes itself, except in cooperating with the West.

Again, you proved Mike's point, never accept blame only blame somebody else. Iran and Islam will never know peace until it recognizes it is both part of the problem and solution.