cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #31
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
People bring up both of these things incessantly. C'mon do you think that the people of the Commonwealth don't already know these things?
Ok, my bad. Still, my point is that it's wrong to bring up Ted's driving record, but Romney's religion is fair game.

Ah, the inconsistencies of politics. Makes me glad that I don't care enough to serve the public.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #32
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Ok, my bad. Still, my point is that it's wrong to bring up Ted's driving record, but Romney's religion is fair game.

Ah, the inconsistencies of politics. Makes me glad that I don't care enough to serve the public.
It is not wrong to bring up either in my opinion. But if you do bring it up, especially in the case of Romney's mormonsim, you ought to be able to do it intelligently, thoroughly, and in a neutral way. Also, there is such a thing as a dead horse. Although I believe we are about to see this horse beaten over and over and over and over and over, again.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #33
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I still remember the comment made by Joe "This man is a member of a religion that treats blacks and women as 2nd class citizens".

Why is it that nobody brings up that Papa Kennedy got his money from bootlegging? And why isn't it fair to bring up Chapaquiddick when Ted is campaigning?
Yeah, "The Swimmer" is a swell guy. Wonder what his best friend Orrin Hatch had so say about his attacks on Mormonism? Probably not much since they're still such pals. Makes me think Orrin is all the more a dipyewt, but that's another topic.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #34
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
People bring up both of these things incessantly. C'mon do you think that the people of the Commonwealth don't already know these things?
Which is what drives us crazy. The "good people" of Mass. know something sketchy went down that night but STILL KEEP ELECTING HIM!! What the hell is wrong with people??
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:01 AM   #35
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
Yeah, "The Swimmer" is a swell guy. Wonder what his best friend Orrin Hatch had so say about his attacks on Mormonism? Probably not much since they're still such pals. Makes me think Orrin is all the more a dipyewt, but that's another topic.
My understanding is that Hatch made a phone call to Ted and the "apology" came the day after the call.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #36
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
It is not wrong to bring up either in my opinion. But if you do bring it up, especially in the case of Romney's mormonsim, you ought to be able to do it intelligently, thoroughly, and in a neutral way. Also, there is such a thing as a dead horse. Although I believe we are about to see this horse beaten over and over and over and over and over, again.
I can understand that it may be fair to bring up both. Personally, I just wish candidates would talk about issues and nothing more.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #37
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I'm confused. Why is Mitt Romney dissembling about Mormon doctrine for political reasons? Does he think it would hurt him in the polls?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #38
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm confused. Why is Mitt Romney dissembling about Mormon doctrine for political reasons? Does he think it would hurt him in the polls?
Is he doing that?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:44 AM   #39
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Is he doing that?
Maybe I didn't read the article close enough. I though that was Stephanopolous' point.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 AM   #40
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Maybe I didn't read the article close enough. I though that was Stephanopolous' point.
That WAS Stephanopolous' point-- and none of us believe it is a valid point. Romney isn't misrepresenting Mormon doctrine at all.