cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #41
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why are you so intent on keeping Obama in office? A Palin run would guarantee Obama's victory. I couldn't support her and I dislike most of Obama's substantive policies. That would force me to vote libertarian, a throw away I know, Palin is simply not equipped to be President.
I don't really want Palin to run, Arch. But think of it in terms of mere entertainment value. Palin provokes such visceral reactions--especially in those who consider themselves learned--that it's sheer comedic awesomeness.

Witness MSNBC host Martin Bashir claiming Palin's use of the flag "could be breach of federal law."

Or even better, CBS News Producer Ryan Corsaro: "I just hope to God that one of these young producers with a camera whose bosses are making them follow Sarah Palin as a potential Republican candidate don't get in a car crash, because this is dangerous."

LOL. A Palin candidacy might even force me to stay on CUF for a while, just to watch the fireworks.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #42
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I don't really want Palin to run, Arch. But think of it in terms of mere entertainment value. Palin provokes such visceral reactions--especially in those who consider themselves learned--that it's sheer comedic awesomeness.

Witness MSNBC host Martin Bashir claiming Palin's use of the flag "could be breach of federal law."

Or even better, CBS News Producer Ryan Corsaro: "I just hope to God that one of these young producers with a camera whose bosses are making them follow Sarah Palin as a potential Republican candidate don't get in a car crash, because this is dangerous."

LOL. A Palin candidacy might even force me to stay on CUF for a while, just to watch the fireworks.
There's nothing entertaining about the current occupant of the White House, so you have one sick sense of humor. Heaven knows if Obama wins again but my life has been negatively affected in a severe sense in no small measure due to Obama's policies. I can barely take two more years of this, let alone six. I might as well take up residence in the poor house for the remainder of my life.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
There's nothing entertaining about the current occupant of the White House, so you have one sick sense of humor.
Arch, it's our sense of humor that sustained us as a people for 3,000 years!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote