cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A lesson in political correctness...

http://www.madblast.com/index.cfm?action=view&id=12810

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

That cartoon is lame on so many levels. It makes me think of the love child of AAA and Archaea.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

What is it about liberalism that causes the humor gene to disappear?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

"Robin" has no humor.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
That cartoon is lame on so many levels. It makes me think of the love child of AAA and Archaea.
Thank you for your "contribution." Don't act surprised when we think we may not want to see more of it.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
Quote:
Thank you for your "contribution." Don't act surprised when we think we may not want to see more of it.
This is no contribution AAA. You are only a diversion to me anymore. There are some people on this board who I care about, and will attempt to treat with respect. Back in the day, when I saw this board as 'community,' I had hoped to build bridges with all of you. When you were an asshole then, I attempted to mend fences. Now that I see this board as the 'semi-anonymous' ramblings of a bunch of sports fans (thanks Creekster), I have no expectation or desire of ever 'developing a relationship of trust' with you.

If it is any consolation, you are only the second most horrible person on the board. Archaea takes the cake. His anti-gay bigotry is evil, and needs to be called out. It is WAY more than toeing the church's line. He is an anti-gay bigot, and it is obvious to most people. Tooblue toes the church line on the issue. I can respect that to a point. Archaea's rhetoric would make Hitler proud. Some day, if you are really bored, you will read some of these old posts, and you will be ashamed for not calling out Archaea for his bigotry. If 'no bigotry' is the only firm rule of the board, I would say that Archaea is breaking it. Between that and his accusation that choosing to live in South Central and going to Burning man are equal to serious child abuse, Archaea exceeds your detestability by several powers.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This is no contribution AAA. You are only a diversion to me anymore. There are some people on this board who I care about, and will attempt to treat with respect. Back in the day, when I saw this board as 'community,' I had hoped to build bridges with all of you. When you were an asshole then, I attempted to mend fences. Now that I see this board as the 'semi-anonymous' ramblings of a bunch of sports fans (thanks Creekster), I have no expectation or desire of ever 'developing a relationship of trust' with you.

If it is any consolation, you are only the second most horrible person on the board. Archaea takes the cake. His anti-gay bigotry is evil, and needs to be called out. It is WAY more than toeing the church's line. He is an anti-gay bigot, and it is obvious to most people. Tooblue toes the church line on the issue. I can respect that to a point. Archaea's rhetoric would make Hitler proud. Some day, if you are really bored, you will read some of these old posts, and you will be ashamed for not calling out Archaea for his bigotry. If 'no bigotry' is the only firm rule of the board, I would say that Archaea is breaking it. Between that and his accusation that choosing to live in South Central and going to Burning man are equal to serious child abuse, Archaea exceeds your detestability by several powers.
So why are you here, then? To call us to repentance, to pester us, or because you can't help yourself to keep away?
Old 03-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
"Robin" has no humor.
Hey Archaea,

be cool and translate that into Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese, French and Latin, you pathetic piece of pseudo-intellectual crap. And BTW, every time you go off on a bigoted anti-gay diatribe, and suggest that REASON is on your side, you come off as a total mo-tard... cause you is very much mo' 'tarded.

You might have faith, and conviction on your side, but in a world where you support the freedom to pursue many other rewards through risky behavior, gay sex is not a 'reasonable' concern.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
Robin

Quote:
So why are you here, then? To call us to repentance, to pester us, or because you can't help yourself to keep away?
Mostly for diversion. I don't know the entire answer to that question, but I will let you know when I figure it out. I'm sure the resident psychiatrist can put in his two cents as to why I left the church and why I am here, all from behind the comfort of the crypt door.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
"Robin" has no humor.
Hey Archaea,

be cool and translate that into Italian, Spanish, German, Japanese, Chinese, French and Latin, you pathetic piece of pseudo-intellectual crap. And BTW, every time you go off on a bigoted anti-gay diatribe, and suggest that REASON is on your side, you come off as a total mo-tard... cause you is very much mo' 'tarded.

You might have faith, and conviction on your side, but in a world where you support the freedom to pursue many other rewards through risky behavior, gay sex is not a 'reasonable' concern.
For someone who claims to be so tolerant, you're rather intolerant of Archaea's thoughts. Would you rather he parrot the "enlightened" left like you do?

BTW, in Italian it would be "Robin non sa quello che sarebbe buffo." Or something like that. It's been over 20 years but that's how I remember iut.