cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 11-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #11
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Congratulations. I'm on the other end of things. I'm working on getting back the 10 lbs. I dropped in Mexico, and the additional 5 I lost when I got sick. I thought I was at a very good weight before, and I'm not pleased with this latest little turn of events.
Based on the avatar, I thought the weight loss was due to heroin.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #12
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
i like the idea of putting up a number for the amount of miles ran/walked each week. for someone who doesn't run or walk often, what is a good weekly goal for someone like me? i'm guessing maybe a realistic goal would be 10 miles? is that enough? if anything it will put me in the right mind set and help me stay focused..
I think 10 miles a week is a great way for you to start. If you did 1-2 miles a day in the morning or at night. You don't even need to jog it right now. You can walk fast, do some hills, etc. I started out at that rate...then bumped it up to around 15 miles a week...now it fluctuates between 20-30 miles a week. Runner Coug may have some more ideas for you.

Good luck...
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

I think the easiest way to lose weight is through dietary discipline. If you don't want to be that disciplined, I recommend lifting over cardio. I don't know if it is my body type or something consistent throughout the human family but I have found light weight with lots of reps loses more weight and makes the body look better, faster than cardio.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote