cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default FB recruits piling up

I see we got two more recruits over the weekend putting the tally at what like 10 or so?

I still have mixed feelings about this strategy but maybe FB recruiting has just evolved to the point where this is mandatory. I'm worried maybe a few of these guys are going to fall on their face their senior years and we'll be stuck with a wasted schollie.

Now that we embarked down this path last year, we may be stuck with it. We may say we'll only offer the ten best LDS juniors and non-LDS at their same level, but then what do you do with #12? He gets offended he doesn't have a schollie offer and go somewhere else. So what do you do about #15, and then #20?

It's a tough situation for the coaches, I'm sure, but I'm mostly pleased with what's going on, so I'm not complaining. Just observing that it's a difficult task.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote