cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick
Default Time to intorduce myself....

First I just want to say how much I have enjoyed some of the religious and candid discussion that has been found on here. I enjoy both boards equally for what they provide.

I love Law and Order, but Nip/Tuck has a place in my heart too. (If you know what I mean)

I am 31 years old. Father of 2 daughters (13 and 7), and married for 10 years.

I went innactive in the church from the age of 13 to 17. I wanted nothing to do with church/mutual/seminary/scouting. My parents separated when I was 13 and in my naivity I saw the church as the problem and decided that I would eliminate the problem.

I was 17 years old and about to make the biggest mistake in my life when I recieved a "vision" that scared me straight and had me in to see my bishop 2 days later.

After taking care of some issues I was able to enter the mission field a few months after my 19th birthday. I served in the Washington Tacoma Mission. 2 years of tracting I only got into 1 door. I was so pleased with that that I married that convert. (Didn't break any mission rules over it. But when I knew she was the one I was to marry, the Pres. and I had a great conversation.)

My wife was a prudish ex-catholic with an attitude. Now she is the best thing to ever happen to me. And the daughter that she brought into the relationship is at times my greatest joy and then seconds later the bain of my existance.

I have never been a BYU student. Unfortunatly I was 10 years old in 1984 and living in Roosevelt, Utah when I started really getting into sports. So, I saw this football team on TV and it has cost me thousands of dollars to this day. I am fairly sure a Meth addiction would be cheaper. (At least no visits to the dentist.)

The Lord has a sense of humor. I hated the thought of Seminary. Worst thing ever. So I have been tasked as a Seminary teacher before. I hated Mutual. I am now in my 8th YM Presidency. First time President, trying to bring the entire system down in a flame of glory.

Can't stand scouting. If it was up to me, it would be DTG from here on out for everyone.

I have a wife that works out of the home and has since our youngest was 2. She is a Special Ed teacher focusing on Autism. Teacher of the Year last year in her school district. I support her in her job and glad she got her education.

In 5 years my daughter will be a starting sweeper on the BYU womens soccer team. And I will be at every game.

I am not nearly as smart as 3/4 of this board and don't have as many pieces of paper hanging from the wall that remind me how smart I am.

But I am much funnier than 3/4 of you. And humble just ask me.....
Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

very interesting and candid.

btw, meth is actually pretty cheap.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:24 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time to intorduce myself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick
Can't stand scouting. If it was up to me, it would be DTG from here on out for everyone.

I'll give you an amen here! At least that was how I felt when I was a YM president. I really like the DTG program. I like some things about Scouting but there are many things I could have done without. Could have been worse though. I could have been bluegoose and received 11pm or 5am phone calls from my scout committee chairman.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:05 AM   #4
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the intro. Glad to see you here. I think this Intro section is a great idea. It's very enlightening to see some of the actual background of the posters here.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

So, where do you work?
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

YM program is great, though I have to admit that I am unspeakably happy to have been released as Stake YM President. It was a good experience, but, like a mission, once is enough.

My plan is to avoid any and all callings for the next few years.....

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:02 PM   #7
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

il Pad has sage advice on things like avoiding callings and also sage relationship advice. If only I could take advantage of the relationship advice.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #8
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....

funk im sure you can get the ladies....

all you have to tell them is you are going to be a lawyer and i bet they throw their clothes at you....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:47 PM   #9
SoCalCoug

Quote:
all you have to tell them is you are going to be a lawyer and i bet they throw their clothes at you....
First of all, I can't even get my wife to throw her clothes at me, unless she's mad.

Second, if, nine years after graduating law school, I am still telling the ladies I'm going to be a lawyer, it's not really going to have a huge impact on them, I think. :lol:

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
Old 10-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #10
SoCalCoug

Wait a second! I just realized what I did. I just realized Fusnik's message was meant for mpfunk. It threw me, because my real last name is actually "Funk," and I didn't stop to think how Fusnik figured out my last name, or why the comment was made to me.

I guess I'm guilty of posting without thinking. ops: