cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road
Default Holy black vs. white moronic batman...

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2934409

These are the same stupid bastards who would bite off their nose to spite their face.

Absolute refusal to recognize any human contribution to global climate change is beyond stupid. How the hell can you even start to think that way?
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post

These are the same stupid bastards who would bite off their nose to spite their face.

Absolute refusal to recognize any human contribution to global climate change is beyond stupid. How the hell can you even start to think that way?
What's sad is that 90% of those voting if not 100% don't have the relevant information and studies and training to understand such to really make an informed opinion. Lacking that kind of knowledge, I have to admit the evidence for humans causing impact on environment appears pretty compelling.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE View Post

I must be too ignorant to see what your upset at. I don't think the poster was saying humans are part of what changes the environment, just that it will change anyway.

I heard the antelope or elk farting in Norway is causing some serious problems. Why don't we get all upset at them. Why isn't Gore all over this.

This global warming and environment thing and blaming humans reminds me of seeing Arabs in the streets beating themselves with whips.

Naughty me, naught me. Makes us feel better doesn't it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

There may well be a human component to global climate change. But the current global warming movement is about anti-capitalism. Until that changes, they aren't going to get much credit from me.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
There may well be a human component to global climate change. But the current global warming movement is about anti-capitalism. Until that changes, they aren't going to get much credit from me.
These are my thoughts as well. I'd just like the folks that are screaming about global warming the loudest would at least have the guts to admit that theirs is a political, not an environmental issue.

Have humans played a role in global warming? I'm sure they have, but it doesn't explain the other warming periods of the earth getting warmer before we evil humans had SUVs.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
jay santos

Quote:
I agree. I'd be more inclined to give the global warming movement more credit if they were to blame it on gays or immigrants.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
DirtyHippieUTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I must be too ignorant to see what your upset at. I don't think the poster was saying humans are part of what changes the environment, just that it will change anyway.
It is more the sub posters that bother me... Anybody who suggests that humans may have added something or perhaps created situations where the consequences are enhanced is dismissed as one who has been duped by "them."

I honestly believe that global warming is a natural cycle. I also honestly believe that the technology in our day has done more than in any other generation to exacerbate the situation.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
jay santos

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2934587

Tex, is this guy on your side?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2934587

Tex, is this guy on your side?
If by "your side" you mean "the dumb side", then yes. Obviously I make sure to take the dumb side of every argument.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
DirtyHippieUTE

Quote:
If by "your side" you mean "the dumb side", then yes. Obviously I make sure to take the dumb side of every argument.
Good... Admitting it is the first step....