cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road
Default The Virgin Mary Urinal

The Chinese have hit a new low in my book.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I have read news reports of this new 1000-toilet bathroom with interest. Toilets and China are not two words that conjure up happy memories for me. I took me a while to remember to always carry my own T.P. But in most cases it was an endurance test to see if I could hold it until I got back to my hotel. I remember visiting a university one day on one of my trips. I asked to use the restroom and they took me down a hall and pointed to a room. There was no door to the restroom so one could stand in the hall and see the entire room. Better yet, there were no walls on any of the "stalls". Basically just a series of holes in the floor over which one squats while doing doing his/her business. And they were filthy. I just gritted my teeth, nodded to my host, and walked back to join our group. And believe me, holding it in for an entire day can be a challenge in China, due to bad water and greasy food.

So when I read that they are on a massive toilet-building campaign in China, I tend to think it is a good thing. Virgin Mary urinals notwithstanding.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think we'll see the pope issue a Catholic "fatwa" against the architect and builders of this bathroom? Just imagine if this was a Mohammed urinal...
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #4
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
Do you think we'll see the pope issue a Catholic "fatwa" against the architect and builders of this bathroom? Just imagine if this was a Mohammed urinal...
may be this time is your turn to learn something from muslims?
and for the sake of peace in this board would you mind not use those two last words "together" again
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
may be this time is your turn to learn something from muslims?
and for the sake of peace in this board would you mind not use those two last words "together" again
You just reaffirmed what I already knew. I didn't learn anything, but thanks for proving my point

My intention in throwing out the hypothetical was to promote a discussion on the contrasting reactions that each scenario would illicit. If you were offended by the hypothetical, that was not my intention.

Last edited by Colly Wolly; 07-08-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #6
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
You just reaffirmed what I already knew. I didn't learn anything, but thanks for proving my point

My intention in throwing out the hypothetical was to promote a discussion on the contrasting reactions that each scenario would illicit. If you were offended by the hypothetical, that was not my intention.
well your attempt to provoke a discussion was quite successful which i would rather you did'nt though.
but the case is ..negligence and forbearance are acceptable as long as religion critics dont get used to implying abscene to convey thier messages ,which if they do ,would be quite detrimental ..just imagine what would happen if anyone feels like giving it a try .
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Colly Wolly

Quote:
well your attempt to provoke a discussion was quite successful which i would rather you did'nt though.
but the case is ..negligence and forbearance are acceptable as long as religion critics dont get used to implying abscene to convey thier messages ,which if they do ,would be quite detrimental ..just imagine what would happen if anyone feels like giving it a try .
Please tell us what you think would happen and why it would happen.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #8
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Please tell us what you think would happen and why it would happen.
an absolute chaos ,as we are witnessing it in small scale these days and its becuase insulting and mocking people's beliefs has never been and will never be a way to correct them .criticism and disapproval like every thing else has its own laws and orders .
Old 07-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
an absolute chaos ,as we are witnessing it in small scale these days and its becuase insulting and mocking people's beliefs has never been and will never be a way to correct them .criticism and disapproval like every thing else has its own laws and orders .
The difference between us and you, is that if someone made a "Mohammed Urinal," you would start insane protests and would begin murdering people.

If someone makes a "Virgin Mary Urinal," we discuss it like civilized human beings.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #10
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
The difference between us and you, is that if someone made a "Mohammed Urinal," you would start insane protests and would begin murdering people.

If someone makes a "Virgin Mary Urinal," we discuss it like civilized human beings.
i am just wondering what would be the "virgin merry urinal" designer's LOGIC....
so lets start consulting poeple with sub specialty in toilet desgining ..huh?