cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The abortion clinic in my neck of the woods

There is an abortion clinic near my work that I sometimes drive by, depending on which way I go to work.

There are typically protesters in front of it. There is one old guy who has a station-wagon decked out with anti-abortion signage. There are all kinds of people. Men, women, some young, some old. Typically there are not more than 5 or so protesters. 2 or 3 might be most typical. Occasionally see someone with their small kids. Sometimes they hold signs, other times it looks like they are just hanging out, making their presence known, holding a kind of vigil.

On Monday, there were no protesters. I think the clinic might be closed on Mondays. Today, it was pouring cats and dogs, and there were no protesters. No visible sign of extra security, like marshals or police.

To be honest, I don't know for sure that the facility is an abortion clinic. I have just assumed so, because of the protests.

I wonder if any of the protesters are LDS. What kind of odds would you give on that? Probably 100-1, any given protester is not LDS.

I will be curious to see if the protest presence is increased or decreased after this Tiller thing.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

3 protestors this morning. 2 women, and 1 man. Youngish, in their 20s or 30s. The man was on his knees, in the attitude of prayer, facing the clinic. He may have been holding rosary beads, I thought I caught a glimpse of them.

All the protests I have seen have looked very peaceful. They stay on the sidewalk. They don't usually face the cars, or try and interact with drivers at all. It's usually people facing the (faceless) clinic.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote