cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 10:03 PM   #31
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
No worries fusnik. Rocky can enjoy the privilege of being the only person on my ignore list.
Ahh...the ignominy of Robin and his abusive treatment of those around him.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #32
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
All over the map....this from a guy who revels in mentally, emotionally and spiritually abusing and manipulating his wife and child and then thinking it's funny.

I feel bad for them.
come on man, that is going too far. While I would never make some of the decisions that Robin has, I don't think it is fair to say he is "mentally, emotionally and spiritually abusing and manipulating his wife and child".
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:40 PM   #33
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

How about I hijack the thread back to the original topic...

ME... It's all about ME!

Ok... Really...

Do you see where I'm coming from Robin? I don't dispute the existance of a GSA, I don't care... I just think that nobody should push their political or idealogical agenda in public schools while using my tax dollars to pay for it.

Homosexuality is like any other "hot" issue out there. Those who agree with it want it to be a part of mainstream culture, those who disagree want it out. IMHO a high school is not the place for that debate.

Isn't there a Unitarian church nearby where they can meet? And the "key" club... Can't the local Rotarians sponsor those guys? Mrs. Hippie went to the Utah HS where the GSA thing blew up in everyone's face. The school board outlawed any non-academic clubs. Everybody thought it was such a tragedy... WHY?

Since when is the HS supposed to be the center of society and culture in our community? Mrs. Hippie was upset because they outlawed the "fencing club." Big freakin' whoop... The same kids went to a local fencing gym and told them what happened. The local gym decided to sponsor them and they met there from then on.

Guess what... THAT'S PERFECT! Let somebody else pay for the lights and heat and liability insurance. This is what community is for.

If you want to have a "service" oriented club then churches or other non-profit charities should be encouraged to let the kids in. In the long run, giving the NP a tax break or whatever you do to make them more inclined to take on a group like the GSA, will end up costing the people far less than doing it at the school and... IMHO... It will get done better.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #34
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr
come on man, that is going too far. While I would never make some of the decisions that Robin has, I don't think it is fair to say he is "mentally, emotionally and spiritually abusing and manipulating his wife and child".
I call taking a young boy to Burning Man and then bragging about it abusive and sickening. Sorry if you see otherwise.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #35
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I call taking a young boy to Burning Man and then bragging about it abusive and sickening. Sorry if you see otherwise.
I certainly see it as wrong and potentially abusive, but what does that have to do with his wife? What is the reasoning of bringing it up? Will your insults change his mind and keep him from taking his son to burning man or move out of the ghetto? I just don't see the need to make it so personal.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 AM   #36
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr
I certainly see it as wrong and potentially abusive, but what does that have to do with his wife? What is the reasoning of bringing it up? Will your insults change his mind and keep him from taking his son to burning man or move out of the ghetto? I just don't see the need to make it so personal.
Anyone who is guileful enough to get someone to marry a person a like Robin.....that's abusive. Kind of TIC.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #37
Faith

Faith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Anyone who is guileful enough to get someone to marry a person a like Robin.....that's abusive. Kind of TIC.
This comment seems extremely ignorant. Are you trying to be funny? I think you have no idea who Robin really is. I do. I have been married to him for over 10 years, and I am truly happily married, which is more than I can say for most people I know. I do not always agree with Robin, but he is always willing to listen to my perspective, and he always seeks to understand where I am coming from. He is one of the most communicative and open-minded people that I have ever met. He is also extremely compassionate and truly cares about his community. I am sad that he has not always been the kindest on this board, but I think that he is truly trying to change.

As for my child being abused, that is a most ridiculous claim! Yes, my son attends burning man. I don't think that anyone who has not attended burning man kids camp is qualified to pass judgement on it. That is like someone who has never attended a mormon meeting saying that anyone who brings their child to a mormon meeting is abusing them. My son also does not consistently participate in a sport outside of school (other than the basketball league he was part of last year, and his current swimming and dance lessons). My son does live in South Central Los Angeles, and attends a school in the Hood ( a dual-language immersion charter school). Our child is one of the healthiest, happiest, and well-adjusted children that I know. I cannot articulate the depth of love that both Robin and I have for our child. So please stop with the personal attacks and jabs.
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:02 AM   #38
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
This comment seems extremely ignorant. Are you trying to be funny? I think you have no idea who Robin really is. I do. I have been married to him for over 10 years, and I am truly happily married, which is more than I can say for most people I know. I do not always agree with Robin, but he is always willing to listen to my perspective, and he always seeks to understand where I am coming from. He is one of the most communicative and open-minded people that I have ever met. He is also extremely compassionate and truly cares about his community. I am sad that he has not always been the kindest on this board, but I think that he is truly trying to change.

As for my child being abused, that is a most ridiculous claim! Yes, my son attends burning man. I don't think that anyone who has not attended burning man kids camp is qualified to pass judgement on it. That is like someone who has never attended a mormon meeting saying that anyone who brings their child to a mormon meeting is abusing them. My son also does not consistently participate in a sport outside of school (other than the basketball league he was part of last year, and his current swimming and dance lessons). My son does live in South Central Los Angeles, and attends a school in the Hood ( a dual-language immersion charter school). Our child is one of the healthiest, happiest, and well-adjusted children that I know. I cannot articulate the depth of love that both Robin and I have for our child. So please stop with the personal attacks and jabs.
Oh okay....so since you approve of your son going to Burning Man then both of you are guilty of abusing your child. Thanks for clearing things up.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 AM   #39
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh okay....so since you approve of your son going to Burning Man then both of you are guilty of abusing your child. Thanks for clearing things up.
Robin to the rescue?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 AM   #40
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
Robin to the rescue?
Faith can defend herself, and I have Rocky on ignore (unfortunately he isn't blocked when people like you quote him.)

I don't fight for Faith. I fight for the board. When mods start deleting other people's post to cover up their own shameful behavior, people need to say something about that to make it less common.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote