cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
woot

woot is on a distinguished road
Default Woooooooooooooot!!!!!

What a ball game. Great job Utes, but BYU's lack of redzone execution was why you were anywhere close anyway, so don't go jumping off any cliffs.

4th and 18, Collie's still open, Unga's still running. Mack's moves should serve him well when he's pumping gas.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
What a ball game. Great job Utes, but BYU's lack of redzone execution was why you were anywhere close anyway, so don't go jumping off any cliffs.

4th and 18, Collie's still open, Unga's still running. Mack's moves should serve him well when he's pumping gas.
It wasn't lack of redzone execution it was a great Ute defense making stops. I could say the same about Utah executing in the redzone, but unlike you I am willing to give the other team credit. Utah sucked in the redzone today to, but it was because of BYU's defense.

But you can keep living in your fantasy world where that PI call was questionable and Arizona has a better pass defense than Utah.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
It wasn't lack of redzone execution it was a great Ute defense making stops. I could say the same about Utah executing in the redzone, but unlike you I am willing to give the other team credit. Utah sucked in the redzone today to, but it was because of BYU's defense.

But you can keep living in your fantasy world where that PI call was questionable and Arizona has a better pass defense than Utah.
Sour grapes. Wide open receivers dropping easy TD passes is not due to good defense. Utah's pass defense did not impress. If not for the drops, Hall goes for 350 at the very least.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wooooooot! is right. Boy, that 4th and 18 conversion was very shades-of-2001. Hall had a terrible game overall, but when he absolutely needed to, he came through.

Unga... what can you say? That TD run was amazing. Was Utah stacking the box there? If so, and he managed to get through anyway... great run and even better blocking.

Defense was clutch until that last drive when BJ started using his feet. What happened to the spy? I'm fine with blitzing there, but you've got to account for a playmaker like Johnson.

BYU left at least two or three td's on the field today. Dominated statistically but choked way too often.

Anyway, GREAT WIN COUGS! Nine and probably 10 wins in a rebuilding year.

Attention: MWC! Doesn't get any easier from here on out.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #5
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

I thought that byu was dead when unga dropped those 2 consecutive passes. It seemed like winning the lottery to have the yewt defense gaff on 2 consecutive plays after playing such a great game overall. Little did I know that a 3rd was soon to follow.

Thank you, 4th & 18.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
mpfunk

Quote:
Sour grapes. Wide open receivers dropping easy TD passes is not due to good defense. Utah's pass defense did not impress. If not for the drops, Hall goes for 350 at the very least.
You really are a blind homer in every sense of the word. Two dropped passes by Unga, that is about it. The rest of the game our defense was in your WRs face on pretty much every play.

It was amazing seeing Pitta whine after every ball he didn't catch that it was because of PI. Also, Pitta was a little punk with that taunting crap too.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #7
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
You really are a blind homer in every sense of the word. Two dropped passes by Unga, that is about it. The rest of the game our defense was in your WRs face on pretty much every play.

It was amazing seeing Pitta whine after every ball he didn't catch that it was because of PI. Also, Pitta was a little punk with that taunting crap too.
Every sense of the word? So I'm a guy who sits in a house and can't see anything? I don't get it. Anyway, you'll see on the replay that there were a lot of dropped passes, and a ton of open receivers that Hall missed, particularly in the first half.

If Pitta handing the ball to the defender makes him a punk, then the entire Ute team is full of punks. Don't go there.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:02 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Every sense of the word? So I'm a guy who sits in a house and can't see anything? I don't get it. Anyway, you'll see on the replay that there were a lot of dropped passes, and a ton of open receivers that Hall missed, particularly in the first half.

If Pitta handing the ball to the defender makes him a punk, then the entire Ute team is full of punks. Don't go there.
Do you honestly believe that Hall missing receivers had nothing to do with Utah's defense?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #9
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Do you honestly believe that Hall missing receivers had nothing to do with Utah's defense?
Sometimes, sure. In the first half, he was simply off. There were many times when the pitch and catch was there and it just didn't happen. Their pass defense was at least top 5 we've seen this year, but it wasn't nearly as good as advertised.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #10
mpfunk

Quote:
Sometimes, sure. In the first half, he was simply off. There were many times when the pitch and catch was there and it just didn't happen. Their pass defense was at least top 5 we've seen this year, but it wasn't nearly as good as advertised.
Stats say it is the best you have seen all year.