cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #71
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you feel offended if the Baptists started baptising LDS people from the past and/or present?

I couldn't care less what they did.

Perhaps the leaders in the Jewish faith know a little more doctrine than what they profess...perhaps? Maybe they don't know the whole story.

For instance...why do they wear the cap?....throw their prayer shawl over their left shoulder...then their right? Interesting...maybe they have some form or belief in baptism for the dead...and they just don't know the full extent or meaning of how it all fits together.
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #72
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road
Default what's offensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Would you feel offended if the Baptists started baptising LDS people from the past and/or present?

Perhaps the leaders in the Jewish faith know a little more doctrine than what they profess...perhaps? Maybe they don't know the whole story.

For instance...why do they wear the cap?....throw their prayer shawl over their left shoulder...then their right? Interesting...maybe they have some form or belief in baptism for the dead...and they just don't know the full extent or meaning of how it all fits together.
If I were Jewish I might be more likely to be offended by the re-writing of the ancient history and the so-called Book of Abraham. How do they feel about that being preached within Israel?

How would you feel if your nephew converted to Scientology and told you regardless if you believed his religion was the one true religion now, he was going to convert you and the rest of your family just as soon as you died?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:47 PM   #73
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
If I were Jewish I might be more likely to be offended by the re-writing of the ancient history and the so-called Book of Abraham. How do they feel about that being preached within Israel?

How would you feel if your nephew converted to Scientology and told you regardless if you believed his religion was the one true religion now, he was going to convert you and the rest of your family just as soon as you died?
Life is far too short to lose sleep over what other people believe. Unless that belief poses an immediate threat to my safety.

My goodness, if I had a dime for every time a baptist says that Mormons are going to hell, I would be rich. And in terms of picking out things from other religions that might offend me, that's the tip of the iceberg. Doesn't bother me at all.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:53 AM   #74
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post

This is so silly.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #75
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand that the Israelis do not allow the gospel to be taught in their country.

Just as they are afraid of their dead accepting our gospel, they also fear that the living will too.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #76
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I understand that the Israelis do not allow the gospel to be taught in their country.

Just as they are afraid of their dead accepting our gospel, they also fear that the living will too.
I know. Since Jews are converting in droves to Mormonism everywhere else.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote