cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've been trying some yoga

Anyone who knows me knows that there are probably 3 or 4 people in the world who are less flexible than me. Since my legs have been so painful from running I thought yoga would be good for me. I found a good podcast (yogamazing.com on itunes) and am able to practice from the comfort of my own room where nobody but my wife can laugh at my poor flexibility.

I've been doing it for a couple of days now, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I can see a slight change in flexibility by the end of each session and my legs feel loose and less painful for a few hours afterward. Anyone else ever tried this stuff?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #2
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Anyone who knows me knows that there are probably 3 or 4 people in the world who are less flexible than me. Since my legs have been so painful from running I thought yoga would be good for me. I found a good podcast (yogamazing.com on itunes) and am able to practice from the comfort of my own room where nobody but my wife can laugh at my poor flexibility.

I've been doing it for a couple of days now, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. I can see a slight change in flexibility by the end of each session and my legs feel loose and less painful for a few hours afterward. Anyone else ever tried this stuff?
I haven't tried it, but I am going to now. I am pretty sure I am one of those 3-4 people that are less flexible than you. I've been meaning to look into something to help me become more flexible.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post

really great stuff ! i havenot done yoga since high school though. i wouldnot go to yoga for improving flexibility rather meditation ,and i did NOT let any one watch me otherwise it could be a perfect matter of laughing.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-20-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
I haven't tried it, but I am going to now. I am pretty sure I am one of those 3-4 people that are less flexible than you. I've been meaning to look into something to help me become more flexible.

If you download the podcast I was talking about, get the episode called "yoga for flexibility" it's a good half hour of fun.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote