cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

We were replacing a great senior QB in 1984 - in fact, I remember reading in a preseason mag that it was going to be a rebuilding year for BYU.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #12
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
We were replacing a great senior QB in 1984 - in fact, I remember reading in a preseason mag that it was going to be a rebuilding year for BYU.
We also had the best set of OLB in BYU history heading into 1984...until Kehl and Nixon next year.

I see the similarities already..will U of A be #3?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #13
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the defense next year, and I like the talent around Max Hall. I also like what I've heard about Hall (assuming it's accurate).

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose fewer than 3 games next year. I just think Bronco's got a solid plan to ensure consistency, and we're going to see steady improvement over the next few years.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:21 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
I like the defense next year, and I like the talent around Max Hall. I also like what I've heard about Hall (assuming it's accurate).

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose fewer than 3 games next year. I just think Bronco's got a solid plan to ensure consistency, and we're going to see steady improvement over the next few years.
I like Bronco, but this is unchartered water. If he wins 8 or more next year, I think he becomes one hot commodity.

It will be fun as there will not be the pressure of this year.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
That's funny because in the past you've accused me of setting too high of expectations for the coach with my W/L prediction.
???

It's more along the lines of 'I'm setting the expectations real high because I know the coach won't meet them and then I can bellyache about the coach.'

Last edited by Indy Coug; 12-01-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope for 9-3 next season.

Is this high enough that I can bellyache?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
???

It's more along the lines of 'I'm setting the expectations real high because I know the coach won't meet them and then I can bellyache about the coach.'

OK, so if I say we should go 7-4 going into 2004, then I'm intentionally setting high expectations, so I can bring down the coach.

But if I say we should go 7-5 in 2007, I'm doing it so I can have the glory of cracking on optimists, and revel in my knowledge in the off-chance the optimists are wrong.

Gotcha.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best is my motto.