cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "O ye of little faith", see if you agree

with what I am about to say. Perhaps goat will interpret for me so you can all understand.

I have noted with some joy (sarcastic) those who praise the code, honor and punishment dealt out at BYU. There are those who truly would rather have no HC violations and not win.

However, with the Bronco era they have gained new heart. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. They think he is a spiritual leader whose by product is a winning football team. I think he is a disciplined person and very good coach who also happens to be spiritual. I can coincide with the spiritualists, except when I hear the following.

Crying because other teams aren't giving out the same punishment we do for violations. Hey, if you guys think we are so good because we punish our players and ask them to be on a spiritual plane, why are you crying about other teams not doing so. You want them to have the advantage we have.

OR, don't you have the faith you mouth.

Last edited by BYU71; 08-17-2007 at 04:54 PM.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
with what I am about to say. Perhaps goat will interpret for me so you can all understand.

I have noted with some joy (sarcastic) those who praise the code, honor and punishment dealt out at BYU. There are those who truly would rather have no HC violations and not win.

However, with the Bronco era they have gained new heart. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive. They think he is a spiritual leader whose by product is a winning football team. I think he is a disciplined person and very good coach who also happens to be spiritual. I can coincide with the spiritualists, except when I hear the following.

Crying because other teams aren't giving out the same punishment we do for violations. Hey, if you guys think we are so good because we punish our players and ask them to be on a spiritual plane. Why are you crying about other teams not doing so. You want them to have the advantage we have.

No one will ever enjoy the same advantage because they aren't the true church, we are. It would be nice if others could have a minimum standard level in punishing their ex-con, immoral players. But it wouldn't change the fact that our team is a type of Helamon's sons.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

Crying because other teams aren't giving out the same punishment we do for violations. Hey, if you guys think we are so good because we punish our players and ask them to be on a spiritual plane, why are you crying about other teams not doing so. You want them to have the advantage we have.

Because I am one the few mormons on the internet whose longest domicile in the Lovely Deseret was my sentence of 3 weeks at the MTC, I have risen above our cultural need to be a ninny. I really don't care what other institutions do to their athletes, save how it impacts how good or bad their team will be. I allow BYU to have its own rules and afford others the same privilege.

Sadly for '71 he is forced to mingle with BYU fans and their close relative the ALUF. I can feel your pain.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Because I am one the few mormons on the internet whose longest domicile in the Lovely Deseret was my sentence of 3 weeks at the MTC, I have risen above our cultural need to be a ninny. I really don't care what other institutions do to their athletes, save how it impacts how good or bad their team will be. I allow BYU to have its own rules and afford others the same privilege.

Sadly for '71 he is forced to mingle with BYU fans and their close relative the ALUF. I can feel your pain.
I feel the same as you, and I've spent my last 20 years in Provo.

For the record, it makes me ill when BYU fans rip on the U for not punishing its players.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

I prefer that other teams don't punish their players as severly as BYU. It reinforces our moral superiority, and makes me think that God will love us more than our oppenents. We may just need that late in the 4th quarter of a tight game.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote