cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Arizona tailgate?

In the other thread it sounded like there was plenty of CougarGuarder's going to the game. Is there real interest in a tailgate? We're planning on going to the Alumni association one which I think is at 4PM but we could get something going earlier in the day and those who are going to that one could just break away and head over there.

I'm willing to bring the motorhome as a tailgating base if some locals can do the following:

1. Figure where on/near campus and/or the stadium we can tailgate with a 37' motorhome.
2. We won't have a grill, canopy, etc. with us this trip ... at least not a large one so maybe some locals can provide that.

I assume Mike will be using the huge amazon.com proceeds to buy the food right?

Seriously, if someone local wants to put this together, I'll provide the BYU decked out motorhome as a base.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 09-07-2006 at 08:01 PM.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug
In the other thread it sounded like there was plenty of CougarGuarder's going to the game. Is there real interest in a tailgate? We're planning on going to the Alumni association one which I think is at 4PM but we could get something going earlier in the day and those who are going to that one could just break away and head over there.

I'm willing to bring the motorhome as a tailgating base if some locals can do the following:

1. Figure where on/near campus and/or the stadium we can tailgate with a 37' motorhome.
2. We won't have a grill, canopy, etc. with us this trip ... at least not a large one so maybe some locals can provide that.

I assume Mike will be using the huge amazon.com proceeds to buy the food right?

Seriously, if someone local wants to put this together, I'll provide the BYU decked out motorhome as a base.
I'd like to come. I've got about 22 in my crew right now. I'm sure most of us would come and hang out. I'll see about bringing some flags and tents down too. As far as food goes, we'd probably just buy some fast food and eat it with you guys. I think we should tailgate near the alumni association to create some unity among BYU fans.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride
I'd like to come. I've got about 22 in my crew right now. I'm sure most of us would come and hang out. I'll see about bringing some flags and tents down too. As far as food goes, we'd probably just buy some fast food and eat it with you guys. I think we should tailgate near the alumni association to create some unity among BYU fans.
I agree with that. I don't want a CG tailgate to be the "alternative" one. We have bad enough rep as it is.

Question is where can we tailgate near the institute with a big parking lot ...
Old 08-09-2006, 05:48 AM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
I agree with that. I don't want a CG tailgate to be the "alternative" one. We have bad enough rep as it is.

Question is where can we tailgate near the institute with a big parking lot ...
we may just have to see when we get down there. the hard part about bringing my flag poles down is that they split into 2 pieces of pipe. a 10 foot piece and a 5 footer. so bringing 2 fifteen foot poles down in my honda accord isn't the funnest for passengers. if i have to put 5 people in my car, it's definitely a no go. we'll still bring flags, but just not on poles unless we can put together some other poles.

hopefully we have a lot of BYU blue fans down there!! i know we're excited!!!
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
FMCoug

FMCoug

I'll have a flagpole on the RV. Normally fly US and Texas flags (especially if I'm out of state) but we will of course fly BYU flags that day.

According to some Arizona fans on their board, the "enemy tailgating section" is either at 3rd and Campbell or Speedway and Cherry:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=51214&page=2

Both locations look to be withing a few blocks of the Institute so that might be too bad. I'm going to call the UA athletic department and find out for sure what the issues are.

The institute parking lot would be ideal, but I doubt they'd let us take it up with an RV and tailgating .... I guess we could call the Institute director and find out.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
FMCoug

FMCoug

Just sene emails to both the Atletic department and the BYU Alumni association contact in Tucson. Will post any info I get.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
bYuPride

Quote:
Just sene emails to both the Atletic department and the BYU Alumni association contact in Tucson. Will post any info I get.
awesome! look forward to seeing what we can do!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 09-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Found a place on campus

Thought I'd post here where we're going to try to tailgate tomorrow in case anyone else coming here wants to try to hook up. We called UA to find out about Motor Home parking and they told us we could park and tailgate in a lot on the south side of Lowell between 6th and Park. Looks to be about 5 or 6 blocks from the Institute so hopefully not too bad.