cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #121
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
There is no "agreed upon benchmark" ya moron. Getting the wolves back to endangered status is the goal of the ranchers, not the goal of the American people.
What is the point of going beyond the endangered status, especially when nobody has put forward the benefit of keeping the mangy bastards alive in the first place?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #122
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
What is the point of going beyond the endangered status, especially when nobody has put forward the benefit of keeping the mangy bastards alive in the first place?
they are good for the ecosystem, ya freaking moron. They kill the weak. They are apex predators. Every ecosystem needs an apex predator. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, call your mama and ask her to pull out that dusty dictionary you looked up "sex" in when you were five.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #123
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Why do you want to keep the gray wolf endangered on the brink of extinction?
If I had my way they never would have returned. I am the one making concessions here. Nobody has yet to explain to me the good the mangy critters do. My .243 is just as good at controlling elk and deer as they are.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #124
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If I had my way they never would have returned. I am the one making concessions here. Nobody has yet to explain to me the good the mangy critters do. My .243 is just as good at controlling elk and deer as they are.
First off your .243 is as straight shooting as your pecker, which means limp, crooked and small.

You try to shoot the biggest, strongest, best looking elk. Why best looking? I refer you to your Wyoming friends. The wolf kills the weak and stupid. Meaning, I would watch out if I were you.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #125
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
they are good for the ecosystem, ya freaking moron. They kill the weak. They are apex predators. Every ecosystem needs an apex predator. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, call your mama and ask her to pull out that dusty dictionary you looked up "sex" in when you were five.
What were the negative impacts while they were gone? The BLM figured out how to control the deer and elk, perhaps they are to blame for the bunnies multiplying like mormons our near Mud Lake?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #126
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

What you all really want is for public lands to become private; wasn't hard to see that coming.

I think the entire West is worthy of being designated a national park.

Until you guys win, and the national policy becomes selling all federal land back to the states or private landowners (see Las Vegas valley), then we Americans get a say in how our land is managed.

And Archaea, read Madison's Federalist No. 10 for another persuasive argument why all Americans should have a say in the management of public lands. Extending the sphere of input and influence moderates the resulting public policy.

Isn't this discussion just such a rich and juicy proof of that. If it were just up to Goatitnipper and Wankman, wolves would be dead within the fortnight.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #127
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Keep it up tuff guy, now landpoke is smarter than you as well!
Thanks jerk.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #128
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
First off your .243 is as straight shooting as your pecker, which means limp, crooked and small.

You try to shoot the biggest, strongest, best looking elk. Why best looking? I refer you to your Wyoming friends. The wolf kills the weak and stupid. Meaning, I would watch out if I were you.
Look Dammit, Adam is going to get all teary eyed explaining to you that my peckers shooting shortcomings are nature and not nurture. A bit of compassion for a young man trapped in a subculture that puts a premium on multiplying and replenishing while being inexplicably stuck with a pecker and accompanying plumbing system that pales in comparison to a forward pass thrown by Bob Rice's Grandson. I AM NOT TO BLAME! But for a strong forearm and some capable folks at the U, I would have no posterity...but it would give me more time to hunt and do the Gray Wolf's dirty work. The biggest are the only ones you hear about tenderfoot. Pretty much the ones shot are the ones available.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #129
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What were the negative impacts while they were gone? The BLM figured out how to control the deer and elk, perhaps they are to blame for the bunnies multiplying like mormons our near Mud Lake?
Negative impacts while wolves were gone? The fact that they were gone.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #130
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
What you all really want is for public lands to become private; wasn't hard to see that coming.

I think the entire West is worthy of being designated a national park.

Until you guys win, and the national policy becomes selling all federal land back to the states or private landowners (see Las Vegas valley), then we Americans get a say in how our land is managed.

And Archaea, read Madison's Federalist No. 10 for another persuasive argument why all Americans should have a say in the management of public lands. Extending the sphere of input and influence moderates the resulting public policy.

Isn't this discussion just such a rich and juicy proof of that. If it were just up to Goatitnipper and Wankman, wolves would be dead within the fortnight.
It would be a really easy argument to make if all states had roughly the same percentage of federal land, then the policies could be moderate but because some lands have almost no federal lands, it does not produce moderation but a tyranny by the majority urbanites against frontiers people, those most affected. Number 10 does not take into the equation how disproportionate federal lands would be distributed. But you like eastern assholes, westerners wouldn't seeking to intervene in Eastern dominant policies, if the situations were reversed.