cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Not only expensive just imagine how bad it would feel to be turned down 3, 4 or 5 times a night. I'm fine with my one rejection a night.
Well it's baseball season. I don't need much more than that for the next 6 months.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
LOL.

Not to hijack my own thread or anything but which ball club do you root for IPU?

I grew up in No. AZ and followed the Dodgers as a youngster. I find myself following the Dbacks more these days. Could be a good season.
Too funny that you would ask that, as I hijacked your thread in my response to RC by mentioning baseball.

I am a diehard Orioles fan. Have been since I was 8 years old.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 AM   #13
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Too funny that you would ask that, as I hijacked your thread in my response to RC by mentioning baseball.

I am a diehard Orioles fan. Have been since I was 8 years old.
When I worked in Rockville MD for the Army Crime lab I used to catch O's games at Camden all the time. My alltime favorite ballpark though it is a tad scary walking back to your car during night games.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Yet we are living in the time of restitution of "all" things. I feel that before all things are said and done...this principle will be re-established.
It has already been re-established in this dispensation. Joseph and Co. practiced it.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:01 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
When I worked in Rockville MD for the Army Crime lab I used to catch O's games at Camden all the time. My alltime favorite ballpark though it is a tad scary walking back to your car during night games.
I've been to a few night games at Camden. I can understand why folks would think it's a bit unnerving walking to the car that time of night, but I'm not smart enough to consider that. I still have some of my false sense of security that comes from playing ball for a long time and thinking that because I was a catcher, I've pretty much already seen the worse someone can dish out while blocking the plate.

Also, if you carry a bit of Boog's BBQ with you, that will make anyone there your friend.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I don't think Joseph Smith rode around Vegas in an SUV with a bunch of money stashed in boxes or suit cases. Nor do I think JS ever booted out young men to fend for themselves.
How do you think he escaped his creditors and the authorities in Ohio after the Kirtland Safety Bank scandal?

He did send John Walker on an east coast mission so he could marry his 15-year old daughter, Lucy (her mother had recently died). He did the same to Orson Hyde and then married his wife.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote