cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default apparently i'm starting up an anti cougarboard tailgate..

for the upcoming 2006 BYU Football season. has anyone else heard this? i hold no animosity towards cougarboard and am actually quite surprised by the rumor. oh well. my crew and i have been tailgating for the last few years and cougarboard has started tailgating in the same area a couple seasons ago. we enjoy having cougarboard tailgating next to us because it just adds to the game day atmosphere around the stadium. now that i'm thinking about it, is cougarguard going to set up their own tailgate? does anybody here tailgate period?

anyway, the marriott center parking lot closest to LES is starting to turn into a pretty big tailgating area and i would encourage those who do tailgate or would like to start tailgating to do it there. it's turning into a bigger deal each year and it's a great time.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride
for the upcoming 2006 BYU Football season. has anyone else heard this? i hold no animosity towards cougarboard and am actually quite surprised by the rumor. oh well. my crew and i have been tailgating for the last few years and cougarboard has started tailgating in the same area a couple seasons ago. we enjoy having cougarboard tailgating next to us because it just adds to the game day atmosphere around the stadium. now that i'm thinking about it, is cougarguard going to set up their own tailgate? does anybody here tailgate period?

anyway, the marriott center parking lot closest to LES is starting to turn into a pretty big tailgating area and i would encourage those who do tailgate or would like to start tailgating to do it there. it's turning into a bigger deal each year and it's a great time.

i guess nobody here tailgates... what a shame.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:47 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default If I'm around, I'm sure I'll join ya Pride.

If I'm around, I'm sure I'll join ya Pride. It's the question of whether or not I'll be around that keeps me from committing.

This is the first year that I can watch the games as a fan again, so it'll be weird for me. I'm struggling with the idea somewhat.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who told you this rumor?

I should tailgate more, they really are full of good times, good people, and good food....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
TheSizzle36

Pride, you really should organize a guard tailgate. We could put anything CB organizes to shame.

Like I siad, if I'm around for the season (which I plan on being) I'd love to tailgate.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Who told you this rumor?

I should tailgate more, they really are full of good times, good people, and good food....
TAI. tailgating is a great time, especially when you do it with fun people. good food is a must as well.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
TheSizzle36

TAI told you what? That people don't tailgate?

If so, I've gotta have a word with him...
Old 05-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36
Pride, you really should organize a guard tailgate. We could put anything CB organizes to shame.

Like I siad, if I'm around for the season (which I plan on being) I'd love to tailgate.
Cougarboard does a good job with their tailgates as far as getting a few bodies there. They have a lot of food, but it's catered. imo, tailgating is about putting up your tents and flags, throwing a slab of meat on the grill and chillin' with your friends. another thing i don't like about cb tailgates is that nobody really knows eachother extremely well and many seem awkward around eachother. maybe i'm wrong, but that's just been my observation. what makes the tailgate is the people you do it with.

i don't know about organizing a guard tailgate. i've got my hands pretty full with my own crew. we've grown to around 15-20. and that's plenty. we're all getting married so that's made the number swell for next season. i would love to help out here and there though. tailgating provides for such a fun gameday atmosphere! hopefully something gets started here. like i said, i would love to help.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36
TAI told you what? That people don't tailgate?

If so, I've gotta have a word with him...
he just told me about a rumor that i was starting an "anti-cougarboard" tailgate. he's actually been a pretty big tailgater himself before he started coaching..

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 05-15-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

i haven't heard this rumor.... but i like me some tailgate food
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote