cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 AM   #1
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road
Default I was at the Tulsa game

and I can say without reservation that it was the most excruciating game I have ever attended. From the trough style urinals, to the splinter in the ass bench seats, to the utter hopeless feeling from Cougarnation when our d took the field.

My brother said that the Golden Hurricane sounds like a sexually deviant act involving urination and 2 high powered fans. After the game I felt like I had been in the midst of that perversion for 4 hours.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
and I can say without reservation that it was the most excruciating game I have ever attended. From the trough style urinals, to the splinter in the ass bench seats, to the utter hopeless feeling from Cougarnation when our d took the field.

My brother said that the Golden Hurricane sounds like a sexually deviant act involving urination and 2 high powered fans. After the game I felt like I had been in the midst of that perversion for 4 hours.
Watch Utah State change their name to the Golden Tsunami.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Your brother must love to party.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Agreed. But CougarNation sure represented well, don't you think? That was nice.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Watch Utah State change their name to the Golden Tsunami.
FUnny thing (and I realize this is off-topic) but I was reading St. Augustine's Confessions the other day and he acutally mentioned a golden shower. Yes, that kind of golden shower. Just like the one Taq man's borther was referring to. 1700 years ago.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Some things are better left unconfessed.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Some things are better left unconfessed.
Just so his reputation isn't unecessarily soiled, let me say that he didn't confess it, but talked about it in terms of others.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

So, my son and I were at the Tulsa game. Sorry for the delayed game report. Busy week remodeling the house and such.

Rode up with the Soonercougs. I tried to sing a medley of Tulsa Time, Take Me Back to Tulsa, and 24 Hours from Tulsa the whole way up the turnpike, but Sooner said he needed to concentrate on the traffic, so I should quiet down. (Funny thing, though...traffic seemed awfully light. I suspect he was secretly just jealous of my singing voice.)

1. The FMs are superb tailgaters and great hosts. I knew I was in the right place when we found an RV with the approximate retail value of my house.
I walked up to the first guy I saw and demanded, "Who's FM?" The guy looked really confused and said, "there's no one here by that name." [Note to FM: please inform real-world friends of your secret identity. ]

2. The tailgate was great fun and not unlike Lake Wobegon, where the men are strong, the women are good looking, and the children are all above average. My son fell head over heels for a little girl there. We may have a Gordon family convert yet.

3. Favorite quote of the night. One of the female tailgaters sizes me up and says, "You're not, um, you know, like....LDS are you?" I don't know what gave me away but it was pretty funny. Sooner took to introducing me as, "This is Barbara. She's a librarian. She's not Mormon."

4. The stadium was crap. Really really crap. My high school stadium was nicer. They play a siren every time Tulsa scores. It was loud.

5. If you're ever in Tulsa: Never under any circumstances eat at the Burger King next to TU campus. That place redefines skank. AND they forgot to put our toy in our happy meal. :O

6. The game itself was great fun, if you ignore that whole final score thing. For 15 bucks it was quite the bargain. I realized, though, I have never ever actually worn another collegiate shirt before or cheered for another team. It was weird. I've also never sung another fight song.

7. Speaking of which, your fight song is really really complicated. I think I heard words like vanquish. And there are hand motions, too. In the Big 12 we try to keep things simple by either limiting the lyrics to two words (Oklahoma) or using childhood sing-song melodies (Texas). Anyhow, I think Michael and I managed to get the rah rah part down pretty well, at least.

8. Michael had a BLAST with the kids. There were kids everywhere. (OU games are 85-100 a ticket, so nobody really takes kids.) After the longest first half in the history of college football, it was about 10:30 local, and kids started falling asleep in the stands. By 4th Q it was near midnight and there were kids passed out all over the place. It was a really great atmosphere.

9. You guys travel really well. The BYU crowd was impressive.

10. After watching the game I was really really not looking forward to having the Sooners travel up to Tulsa this week. (Incidentally, it was complicated trying to explain to my parents why I was heading to Tulsa last weekend instead of this weekend.)

Anyhoo, it was a great time all the way around. Too bad the game didn't turn out better, that would've really made the night.

Had a lovely time talking to those of you who made it out...please be sure to look up the BatCave if any of you ever come through Norman.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
I know what gave you away.
It's the foam schooner on my head, isn't it?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
I know what gave you away.
So do I.

For the record, though, Mrs. Nikuman told me on the way home that she really liked you and would definitely hang out with you a lot if we lived closer than 8 hours away. So you at least have a place to crash if you're ever in Houston.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote