cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road
Default Very touching

It is very touching to read about the two conjoined girls that are undergoing separation surgery today. They seem very sweet. The part about the little girls being asked to use scissors to cut apart paper twins brought tears to my eyes.

Let's all remember them in our prayers and thoughts.

I saw Ewth8tr linked to the story earlier. Do you know the family? If so, I would be interested in hearing how this will turn out for the girls. They share a pair of legs. Will one girl have 2 legs and the other none? Not to get too graphic, but will only one of them have sexual organs?

Hopefully the surgery will be successful, and hopefully their road to recovery can be as smooth as possible.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I understand, each will get one leg (each girl currently controls one leg).

The liver will be split. There is only one kidney, so only one will get that. The other will be on dialysis, I presume, until she is sufficiently healthy to receive a transplant from her mother (though one of the articles left this in doubt).

I'm sure this was a tough choice, because surely the risks are high in such an undertaking that one or both will die. Especially the one who will not have a kidney. But I don't second guess the parents at all. I'm sure they have pondered long and hard on this.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
El Guapo

El Guapo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
From what I understand, each will get one leg (each girl currently controls one leg).

The liver will be split. There is only one kidney, so only one will get that. The other will be on dialysis, I presume, until she is sufficiently healthy to receive a transplant from her mother (though one of the articles left this in doubt).

I'm sure this was a tough choice, because surely the risks are high in such an undertaking that one or both will die. Especially the one who will not have a kidney. But I don't second guess the parents at all. I'm sure they have pondered long and hard on this.

Yep. You can't second guess a choice like this. Nobody knows what this must be like except for the parents. Talk about a difficult choice. If you don't separate them, they don't have the opportunity to really have their own life. If you do, one or more could die. I can't imagine having to make that choice.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct me if I am wrong but I think these two little girls are CougarTwins (name on Cougarboard) kids and he has talked about them quite a bit over on Cougarboard. I sure hope it all works out well for them. Sure look like cute and active little girls.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo
It is very touching to read about the two conjoined girls that are undergoing separation surgery today. They seem very sweet. The part about the little girls being asked to use scissors to cut apart paper twins brought tears to my eyes.

Let's all remember them in our prayers and thoughts.

I saw Ewth8tr linked to the story earlier. Do you know the family? If so, I would be interested in hearing how this will turn out for the girls. They share a pair of legs. Will one girl have 2 legs and the other none? Not to get too graphic, but will only one of them have sexual organs?

Hopefully the surgery will be successful, and hopefully their road to recovery can be as smooth as possible.
I just know Jake from our interactions on cougarboard (his moniker is CougarTwins). www.herrintwins.com has been constantly updated during the day today. So far, they have seperated the small and large intestines and their bowels and they are now working on the urinary tracts and bladders of both girls. There has been very minimal blood loss so far and their vital signs are great still.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a video on the front page of MSN about them.

Keep them in your prayers.