cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #71
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
I once dated a catholic girl and the subject of marriage came up. I noted that in my religion we got married for time and all eternity and we discussed how in hers it is until death do you part. I inquired as to whether or not she would want to be married to her spouse beyond dead and she said that she would prefer to "just be with God" after death. So, perhaps when you have this perspective, being married for time and all eternity isn't such a big deal.

I will say she was a bit of an extremist Catholic, but and interesting remark nonetheless.

Perhaps if it is not a part of your core belief system, it is irrelevant to your after life experience.
Interesting. It reminds me of a time when I was just out of BYU and working for DirectTV. One of my coworkers was not LDS, but was just a truly great sincere person. I was discussing religion with a different coworker (who was LDS) and I mentioned that I felt it was a little crazy that our religion condemned people like this woman. He said that her vision of heaven was quite a bit like our telestial kingdom, so she was unlikely to be too disappointed.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote