cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Give me reasons for comfort friends

because as I evaluate the two teams, my Bayesian logic says Utah wins this game seven out of ten times.

Utah has progressed over the season and BYU has tanked since the USU game, showing no improvement, but merely appeared to be hanging on.

We have Unga, injured, and Pitta potentially injured. Our middle defense is very weak, weaker than we've ever had in a long time. Utah has two backs and some great receivers. I could see Utah lighting up the scoreboard and we not being able to keep pace.

This defense seems as weak as Bronco's first season, so a bad defeat a la TCU is a distinct possibility.

Junkie is there any reason for hope? Our offense has been sputtering, at times efficient but other times it's as if they can't walk and chew gum. It would be a treat to win this game, but I fully expect Utah to win by fourteen to twenty points and Whit will run up the score if he can to impress BCS voters. This game poses the worst scenario for BYU.