cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i received some emails this morning...

and last night from a few people i know....

all three thought beck should have been pulled.....

they said after the first couple of series he was obviously flustered, lost, and confused. he has problems adapting to things he is not comfortable with and thats why he gets in patterns of throwing to the same person over and over again. 2 of them said the checks he made were horrible and he is so systematic in his progressions he has a hard time thinking out of the box and improvising. both said the bad hire might have been doman.

as for the coaches if i could post somethings publically i would about bronco......i stopped by someone in the know who lives in california and he said some interesting things....i have no problem with boardmail so those interested send me a message and ill do so....i like the guys enough here and its an intimate enough community....

a lot of people are behind berry, think he got a raw deal and think he should at least get a shot. beck gets upset quite easily and even got upset in the eiu game. i guess he was upset that he wasnt doing as well as he should and that people would be upset with his play when he was pulled berry came in calmed the huddle down, cracked some jokes, had players laughing and gained control of the guys because they look up to him. hes becoming a martyr, and his team is growing again. i posted on the other board that when spring and summer ball was going on berry had a strong following, that following died down as the season started but has since picked up again. he is 100% healthy. some think the reason he didnt play in sdsu was because the coaches think he would have handled the situation well, created a controversy and the coaches dont want that right now......
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
WaterCat

WaterCat
Default He definitely would have handled the situation well.

Even if he had come in for a few series, sometimes that is necessary. Has Beck always been this fragile? Very interesting report.
WaterCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i received some emails this morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
a lot of people are behind berry, think he got a raw deal and think he should at least get a shot.

I've always felt he got a raw deal from fans. The guy played well before he got hurt. He played hurt and earned scorn from Cougar fans. If he's 100% healthy I'd sure like to see him get a shot. He can't be worse than Beck was last week.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

that's exactly what I was thinking about why Bronco didn't put Berry in.

What if he does well? Then what?

If there is anything someone like Bronco can't stand, it's indecisiveness and a "grey" approach to life.

Having said that, I think Berry stinks. But is average level of stink is better than Beck's level of stinkiness last week.

I have confidence in neither. But I definitely would have pulled Beck last week.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote