cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default its tiring hearing this from.....

brown....

i know now why he isnt considered a leader.

does he forget they have sucked for the past 3 years and they sucked against their only quality opponent and they sucked for long stretches against a horrible team?

seriously...

www.desnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,610152673,00.html
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

If Brown was actually a great RB I might give him a pass.

Let's face it he is average to good. He is far from great. He has a snowball's chance in hell of being a benchwarmer at the next level.

So I greet his "calling out" his teammates with a bit of skepticism. Not to mention his criticisms of other teams.

Leave it on the field buddy.

(this is the sort of post where if posted on cb, you take your life into your own hands--"what if Cheryl Brown doesn't join the church because of what you said !!!???")
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

dude gets a pass over there because cheryl posts and is a non-member....

if they were members, you wouldnt see people skirt topics about him. its seriously stupid he said they could beat anyone....

its stupid he said that they didnt get beat by bc, that they beat themselves...

its stupid he is judging other players and deeming them not that great when he is average at best, and turned the ball over against a shitty team....

seriously, couple that with kuresa saying beck isnt the leader and the o-line leads the offense and there is no way in hell this team is winning more than 6 games....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

what is even more depressing is if this year sucks, we are looking at Beck, Brown et al coming back next year.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:17 PM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a thought that might actually get me in trouble over here but here goes:

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this team to have a worse season this year than the last 3. None. They have more experience, they have a "new attitude" the coaching problem has been addressed. Soooo, if they have a losing season this year I will probably have draw one conclusion for myself; namely that we fired the best available LDS coach not named Andy. And that the best that the best available LDS coach could bring us was 3 losing seasons with some pretty challenging schedules (the kind of schedule we all want to see). I will have to conclude that the future of BYU football is not a bright one.

However, I am currently pretty optimistic after watching the BC game against FSU. I am expecting we beat TCU, and hoping that I will not have to draw the above conclusions.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:07 PM   #6
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perhaps it's precisely becasue of the three losing seasons,

but CB's comments don't really bother me. So he's fired up; so what? I agree that some of the posters oin that OTHER site can be a bit sychophantic (sp?) but the comments themselves don't bother me at all.

I hope the team can win this year, but my usually ardent support is definitely more tepid htan it was four years ago.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #7
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Did Brown say in that article that our defense was great?

How's that? Because we held EIU to 10 points? Because we allowed only 20 points to BC?

Decent or fairly good, yes. But great? Give me a break.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I don't quite know how to take Curtis...

I admire the kid for his decision to join the Church, as something like that is infinitely more important than football. I also am willing to give him a break because, quite frankly, he's a kid and we've all probably said dumb things as college kids.

But this guy just doesn't know when to be quiet. To quote Hank Hill speaking to Bill: "Just when I think you couldn't say anything stupider, you open you're mouth again."

All he's accomplished, IMO, is to motivate TCU - especially their RB of the same name who seems to be a better back than Curtis - and give the Utes questionable locker room material to let fester for the next 8 weeks or so.

And, FWIW, the other board can suck it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's why I don't mind Curtis' exuberance off the field - he plays that way on the field. I have never doubted that Curtis Brown is going to leave everything he has on the field during the game. He may not be a first day draft pick, but he plays hard. I don't care if he's a leader or if he shoots his mouth off. If the rest of the team puts out the effort on the field that he does, I'm fine with it.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:30 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I can understand how you'd feel about that...

however, Curtis needs to speak for himself and it would be easier to take his comments with a grain of salt. However, with these latest comments, he's speaking for the entire team and now everyone on both sides of the ball need to back up his mouth.

I've always felt it's best to keep the mouth shut and let your play do the talking. Leaving it all on the field really doesn't matter if you don't at least justify your comments with your play.

But then, that's just my opinion.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote