cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU vs TCU, the future of BYU sports in the balance?

HB makes the point that with only 52k in the stands last week, there is declining interest in BYU football. Should we lose to TCU it is possible that we return to the next homegame at 1-4, or 2-3.

I think fans want this ship turned around NOW, and won't wait 2 or 3 years. Fans will vote with their feet and their pocketbooks.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

weve been waiting for 2 to 3 years....

bronco is in his third year at byu, we have a qb thats started for parts of 3 years now, we have a 'heisman' candidate....

there should be zero excuses.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:37 PM   #3
originalsocal

originalsocal
Default I kinda agree

BYU will always have a fan base. They will alway get at least 40K, which is enough to sustain the program. I do, however, see this game as probably the most important game we have had in two, maybe three years. A will goes a long way to righting the ship. A loss may destroy the confidence of players and fans alike. My hope is that we are sky high mentally, emotionally, and physically coming into this game. This could bring back the swagger factor as in days past. Let's hope they can get it done.

I'm not overly optimistic, but strange things happen with this game and its funny looking ball.

Go Cougs!
originalsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #4
originalsocal

originalsocal
Default I kinda agree

BYU will always have a fan base. They will alway get at least 40K, which is enough to sustain the program. I do, however, see this game as probably the most important game we have had in two, maybe three years. A will goes a long way to righting the ship. A loss may destroy the confidence of players and fans alike. My hope is that we are sky high mentally, emotionally, and physically coming into this game. This could bring back the swagger factor as in days past. Let's hope they can get it done.

I'm not overly optimistic, but strange things happen with this game and its funny looking ball.

Go Cougs!
originalsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:37 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

You can say that again!
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote