cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #21
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You are right. There can only be 3 members of the CG mullah Godhead. Tex, IC, and JL.
I like to think of them as the mullah triumvriate
Old 04-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #22
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You are right. There can only be 3 members of the CG mullah Godhead. Tex, IC, and JL.
Just curious how I got to the point of being labeled a 'mullah'. Sure, I agree with much of what those three post, but I don't think I've ever condemned anyone to an eternity of hellfire & brimstone lately....

Not since my return from my mission, and telling my family they were all going to hell. I attribute that to post-mission weirdness.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #23
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
I like to think of them as the mullah triumvriate
What is the most mullah-ish post I've ever made on this site? I'm curious what people come up with.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #24
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Just curious how I got to the point of being labeled a 'mullah'. Sure, I agree with much of what those three post
QED
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #25
Spaz

Quote:
I heard a statistic that something like 30-40% of the ordinances in the temple are wasteful repeats. Because of historically poor record keeping of geneaology in the church. I think they are trying to change that.
Wouldn't surprise me. With a few hundred thousand people doing genealogy work, it's fairly unlikely to expect none of them to overlap along the way.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #26
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I heard a statistic that something like 30-40% of the ordinances in the temple are wasteful repeats. Because of historically poor record keeping of geneaology in the church. I think they are trying to change that.
Like most service rendered, the true point of giving service is for ourselves. While mortal shortcomings don't absolve us from seeking to be more effecient as we build the Kingdom of God, I sure as hell ain't losing any sleep over it and usually use the Church Audit Report to find out who is offended on Cougarguard that some lady from the mormon church spoke on the traditional position of the wife as the primary caretaker of children in the home.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
Spaz

Quote:
QED
So having mostly orthodox beliefs makes me a mullah? I'll take the moniker proudly in that case.

And here I thought 'mullah' referred to those who 'blindly follow' and 'judge others'...

Last edited by Spaz; 04-18-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #28
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
What is the most mullah-ish post I've ever made on this site? I'm curious what people come up with.
I was actually just kidding... I don't really pay attention to who is mullah and who isn't. I was just trying to make a funny

Please don't sue me for defamation
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #29
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Lingo, apparently, has taken the last train to the coast, so is no longer here.
The Day the Priesthood Died.

Quote:
Mullah ... that funny little term that everyone uses and no one can define.

I know what an apostate is, though.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:24 PM   #30
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
The Day the Priesthood Died.

Mullah ... that funny little term that everyone uses and no one can define.

I know what an apostate is, though.

If I am not mistaken isn't Mullah with reference to Muslim Mullahs who have the responsibility within certain sects of maintaining the purity of the faith?

Tex, you take that responsibility with great glee. You were not invited here and your frequently stated purpose is to antagonize and argue with those you think have heretical interpretations of LDS doctrine/theology.