cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Another trolling comment. Where am I bitching Rocky. I think it is great they are coupling the tickets, I just don't need the extra tickets that bad. I wanted some extras for people who beg for them later in the year, like you.

Now if you are referring to the tickets at the Vegas Bowl. Yea, I bitch about that one.
You've bitched about tickets every single year ad nauseum.

Failing to have the balls to go through on threat #31925023985023582039582305290823853289 to cancel your season tickets. Then if it's not that ticket issue you find some other tickets or ticketing issue to bitch about.

Do it and shut the hell up already.

You're also certainly no saint when it comes to trolling comments.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #12
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You've bitched about tickets every single year ad nauseum.

Failing to have the balls to go through on threat #31925023985023582039582305290823853289 to cancel your season tickets. Then if it's not that ticket issue you find some other tickets or ticketing issue to bitch about.

Do it and shut the hell up already.
OK, I didn't know you were that serious. I have such a great amount of respect for you I will do what you ask.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

Quote:
OK, I didn't know you were that serious. I have such a great amount of respect for you I will do what you ask.
You'll learn.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
BYU71

Quote:
You'll learn.
I don't get it. I hope it isn't a 7-11 type threat.

Oh, you're right, I do troll on occasion maybe more than on occasion. For instance my first paragraph was totally accurate, I do think BYU has the right to get the most money from a good product. However, the second paragraph was meant to draw some sensitive people out and lo and behold you and Indy appear.

However, does the fact I troll mean I can't accuse anyone else of doing it.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

Quote:
I don't get it. I hope it isn't a 7-11 type threat.

Oh, you're right, I do troll on occasion maybe more than on occasion. For instance my first paragraph was totally accurate, I do think BYU has the right to get the most money from a good product. However, the second paragraph was meant to draw some sensitive people out and lo and behold you and Indy appear.

However, does the fact I troll mean I can't accuse anyone else of doing it.
Never said you couldn't. In fact you're a very good troll. In your geriatric state and "advanced" learning I'd expect nothing less by now, and no I don't mean any harm by our little exchanges. It's all good.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
BYU71

Quote:
Never said you couldn't. In fact you're a very good troll. In your geriatric state and "advanced" learning I'd expect nothing less by now, and no I don't mean any harm by our little exchanges. It's all good.
It has been all good in the past. As a matter of fact so have my exchanges been all good with Indy, however I must have gone a little to far to have elicited the F word from him.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #17
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It has been all good in the past. As a matter of fact so have my exchanges been all good with Indy, however I must have gone a little to far to have elicited the F word from him.
I'm just sick of you using me as the poster boy for "spirituality uber alles" with regards to the athletic program. I've never taken that position, nor do I endorse it.

I get sick and tired of people calling me a "mullah", a "pharisee", a "GOP party hardliner" and so forth.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #18
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I'm just sick of you using me as the poster boy for "spirituality uber alles" with regards to the athletic program. I've never taken that position, nor do I endorse it.

I get sick and tired of people calling me a "mullah", a "pharisee", a "GOP party hardliner" and so forth.
Fair enough. I now declare, as I have on earlier occasions, I do not consider Indy a "mullah". Not even close. I know it is a hot button and being unfair it is an easy way to raise his ire.

Now Indy, your initial response to my post about the Utah game and EWU games being coupled. could you explain how I made it seem to be a BYU problem. You seemed to be defending BYU against an accusation where I hadn't really made one.

The accusation I made had nothing to do with Div 1AA games. What I was saying is I get tired of hearing how we are so different than other Universities and yet when it comes to generating money, we are capitalists right in there with the rest of them. I have always argued that we are willing to pull in the dough, so let's not play the "we are unique" card when it comes to paying coaches. I have also stated that I think the new Bronco contract is a good sign.

Last edited by BYU71; 08-06-2007 at 06:08 PM.