cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 05:40 AM   #31
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Warning: I will be handing out suspensions for placing an 'f' in front of UCLA.

If you don't want a suspension, please do not do the thing that gets you suspended.
A poster used the real 'f' word in a reply to one of my posts, pointed it out twice to you........and the post is still there. So NOW you're going to get serious? Seriously?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #32
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
1) we won't be able to line up and run against UCLA.
2) we won't be able to dominate on defensive line of scrimmage either, to put it mildly.
1- UCLA's D-Line is freaking rugged, but their linebackers were slow and weak tacklers. Pitta is going to eat their lunch all game long across the middle. They are definitely going to get some sacks in on Hall though (hopefully no blind-sides).

2- Our D-Line is going to totally outclass UCLA's O-Line. We will finish with more rushing yards than the Bruins, and double the passing yards.

UCLA's offense is worse than last year, and look at what they scored on us in each game last year before all the help from our giving up the ball. Once again, it will all come down to turnovers (our fumbles versus their interceptions)...

AND I HATE THAT THEY HAVE TWO WEEKS TO PREPARE FOR US!!! (at least they'll still be undefeated)

Last edited by Mars; 09-02-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #33
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Waters' point is valid. Whatever the outcome may be, you invite push back because you're always such an obnoxious cheerleader. Never any introspection or shades of gray with you. I give you high marks for enthusiasm and that's about it.

Like the other day, when you blithely asserted that no problema the LDS Church has $5 billion cash lying around to buy an Internet company with no income. One of the most uninformed posts ever here.
What makes it uninformed? Your assumptions? Spare me.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:09 AM   #34
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

yes, some recruiting violations. but filling out a bracket pool? yawn.
He wasn't canned for dropping $1500 on Medina neighborhood brackets. It was the lying that got him canned. But that's all water under the bridge now. The UW has gone nowhere but up since he left.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM   #35
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
The big question mark is fucla's D. Frankly, Rocky Top's QB is awful.

How tested were the bruin DBs?

I think Max will give them much more to consider when they face off in two weeks.

That being said, the Bruins looked really good in the second half. Sep 13 is going to be a great game.
UCLA's front 7 is very good. They will apply pressure to Hall and make it difficult on Unga. BYU will have more success offensively than Tenn though. I can't believe Tenn lost a game where Craft threw 4 ints. Tenn should have been up 30-0 at the half. Credit UCLA's D and Norm's halftime adjustments for this victory.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote